DAT FINISHED (24 AA 24 TS 18 PAT)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

rorana96

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,

I just wanted to get it off my chest that I finally finished this exam after studying for three months. I am overall pleased with my scores (22 BIO, 22 GC, 28 OC, 25 QR, 23 RC, 18 PAT). Below posted are the materials I used and how I used them!

BIO - AB Barron's Bio, Feralis Notes, DAT Destroyer, and DAT Bootcamp.
Barron's is good to get a wide overview of every topic with useful information. It's not all too different from Cliff's Notes. Feralis Notes are a must to get down the very specific details. Since Bio covers so much, you NEED to make sure you cover all your tracks and get down the little details that may show up on exam day. The notes are bulky, but they are a MUST. Bootcamp and Destroyer were good to test your knowledge and getting down facts that may not have been overly specified in Feralis or Barron's.

GC/OC- DAT Destroyer & Chad's Videos!! CHAD'S are a MUST in order to get the basics down for every part of the DAT. Get your foundation back by using Chad's because I'm sure that most people don't remember everything from undergrad OC/GC. Once you have practiced with Chad's, move on to the Destroyer. It might feel like you know nothing, but Destroyer is a must and a huge reason why my TS score is what it is. The first run through will feel horrible, but it's not meant to test you. It's meant to show you what you don't know and how to tackle every type of problem you will see on test day. Do not time yourself with destroyer.

QR- Math Destroyer and youtube videos was what I needed for this. Practice makes perfect when it comes to QR. I had 45 mins for 40 questions and if you learn the quickest way to do every type of problem, you will seldom face time constraints/problems on test day.

RC- Not much to say here. Use Bootcamp practice sections once or twice. The RC tests more on details of the passage and how quickly you can analyze the passage and find what you need. You are given an hour for 50 questions. Most questions are discrete with few inference type questions.

PAT- Ahh, everyone's favorite section. It certainly was an issue for me. I did practice using Bootcamp and CRACK the DAT PAT. PAT is unlike the other sections in the sense that you cannot simply learn the material. You MUST, MUST practice PAT and learn techniques and tricks to help you figure out the answer as quickly as possible. My biggest issue was timing so TFE and Keyholes really tripped me up on Test Day. The easiest/quickest sections (IMO) to master are hole punches and cube counting. You can easily go 30/30 on test day if you master those. Knowing that you have mastered two sections will allow you to focus more on your weak points. I felt I should have given some more time to PAT.

There's my breakdown, guys!

FEEL FREE to inbox me and questions if you have any! All the best!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 5 users
Hey guys,

I just wanted to get it off my chest that I finally finished this exam after studying for three months. I am overall pleased with my scores (22 BIO, 22 GC, 28 OC, 25 QR, 23 RC, 18 PAT). Below posted are the materials I used and how I used them!

BIO - AB Barron's Bio, Feralis Notes, DAT Destroyer, and DAT Bootcamp.
Barron's is good to get a wide overview of every topic with useful information. It's not all too different from Cliff's Notes. Feralis Notes are a must to get down the very specific details. Since Bio covers so much, you NEED to make sure you cover all your tracks and get down the little details that may show up on exam day. The notes are bulky, but they are a MUST. Bootcamp and Destroyer were good to test your knowledge and getting down facts that may not have been overly specified in Feralis or Barron's.

GC/OC- DAT Destroyer & Chad's Videos!! CHAD'S are a MUST in order to get the basics down for every part of the DAT. Get your foundation back by using Chad's because I'm sure that most people don't remember everything from undergrad OC/GC. Once you have practiced with Chad's, move on to the Destroyer. It might feel like you know nothing, but Destroyer is a must and a huge reason why my TS score is what it is. The first run through will feel horrible, but it's not meant to test you. It's meant to show you what you don't know and how to tackle every type of problem you will see on test day. Do not time yourself with destroyer.

QR- Math Destroyer and youtube videos was what I needed for this. Practice makes perfect when it comes to QR. I had 45 mins for 40 questions and if you learn the quickest way to do every type of problem, you will seldom face time constraints/problems on test day.

RC- Not much to say here. Use Bootcamp practice sections once or twice. The RC tests more on details of the passage and how quickly you can analyze the passage and find what you need. You are given an hour for 50 questions. Most questions are discrete with few inference type questions.

PAT- Ahh, everyone's favorite section. It certainly was an issue for me. I did practice using Bootcamp and CRACK the DAT PAT. PAT is unlike the other sections in the sense that you cannot simply learn the material. You MUST, MUST practice PAT and learn techniques and tricks to help you figure out the answer as quickly as possible. My biggest issue was timing so TFE and Keyholes really tripped me up on Test Day. The easiest/quickest sections (IMO) to master are hole punches and cube counting. You can easily go 30/30 on test day if you master those. Knowing that you have mastered two sections will allow you to focus more on your weak points. I felt I should have given some more time to PAT.

There's my breakdown, guys!

FEEL FREE to inbox me and questions if you have any! All the best!
DAT Beast Destroyed! Congratulations...

Good luck to you

Dr. Jim Romano

Fantastic job! We have similar scores you and I; high AA and TS but an 18 at PAT. Your advice on PAT is spot on. For some people it comes naturally, for some it does not, but either way practice, practice, practice. Congrats again on your score!

Reactions: 1 user