DAT ? for those who have recently taken it

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

J10sstar

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
For those ppl who have recently taken the DAT, I was wondering if the General Chemistry section of the exam was a lot easier than say Kaplan or Topscore.

Members don't see this ad.

J10sstar said:
For those ppl who have recently taken the DAT, I was wondering if the General Chemistry section of the exam was a lot easier than say Kaplan or Topscore.

its definitely easier.. i studied for a day for that section and got a 19... but dont just study for a day :) ..really though, its not that bad

I found it easier. No complicated raw calculation like some on tsp. IMO, when study, study something harder, but make sure your foundation is solid. So, Kaplan and tsp are good resources.

luder98 said:
I found it easier. No complicated raw calculation like some on tsp. IMO, when study, study something harder, but make sure your foundation is solid. So, Kaplan and tsp are good resources.

I would say different. Your answers will be choices like

(.8)(1)/(3) as opposed to .267 keep that in mind it kinda caught me off guard because sometimes the format of the answers is different from the means the way in which you personally solve the problem might yield different end operations although the final evalutated answers are identical I.E. (5)(4)/2 could be displayed as an answer choice of (50)/5.

Members don't see this ad :)
i found it to be much easier. just read kaplan everyday, memorize it, even eat it if you can. hehe.

DrTacoElf said:
I would say different. Your answers will be choices like

(.8)(1)/(3) as opposed to .267 keep that in mind it kinda caught me off guard because sometimes the format of the answers is different from the means the way in which you personally solve the problem might yield different end operations although the final evalutated answers are identical I.E. (5)(4)/2 could be displayed as an answer choice of (50)/5.
Sorry if my post was misleading. I was not referring to raw calculation when I said study harder stuff. I meant problems in general. In another word, study as much stuff on Kaplan as you can handle, rather than studying some and hope that the real test will be much easier. I'd rather give it my best shot than having to regret about it later. I wouldn't worry about raw calculation, esp on gen chem.