etoolky1

Tooth girl
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Feb 19, 2005
IL
Status
What should I do???? Chemistry is the most difficult subject for me. I have tons of books and study aids but I always seem to miss some fine detail. I also have 1001 questions in gen. chem and organic chem. Anyway for those of you that find chem easy..how do you do it? :scared: I am very nervous about the DAT and especially the chem sections. Everyone says that gen chem is just like algebra in a way (which algebra is easy for me) but I still don't get it. I have reviewed the Kaplan blue book two times and still keep doing poorly on the practice tests. I guess I just don't have confidence in my ability for chem. So if you were in this situation what would you do? Obviously study like crazy but any other suggestions or tips that helped you succeed in this subject? HELP!!

Awuah29

Christian predent
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Oct 13, 2003
New Jersey
Visit site
Status
etoolky1 said:
What should I do???? Chemistry is the most difficult subject for me. I have tons of books and study aids but I always seem to miss some fine detail. I also have 1001 questions in gen. chem and organic chem. Anyway for those of you that find chem easy..how do you do it? :scared: I am very nervous about the DAT and especially the chem sections. Everyone says that gen chem is just like algebra in a way (which algebra is easy for me) but I still don't get it. I have reviewed the Kaplan blue book two times and still keep doing poorly on the practice tests. I guess I just don't have confidence in my ability for chem. So if you were in this situation what would you do? Obviously study like crazy but any other suggestions or tips that helped you succeed in this subject? HELP!!

Tooth girl,
just calm down! You will do ok on the real test. Kaplan Chem/Orgo is much harder than the real test. Just practice Chem/Orgo practice test over and over again

howui3

1K Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Aug 8, 2005
CA
Status
the key is to keep on taking practice exams and working through problems. But make sure to review question that you miss - focus on the concept of the problem.

714guy

counting down till 5/2012
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Feb 26, 2004
Visit site
Status
Dental Student
Practice makes perfect. I usually work it over and over and once more just to make sure.