DAT in 11:30 hrs! last min questions

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

joonkimdds

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
what should i do if

1) markers run out of ink? or eraser doesn't work XD.
Do I raise my hand and ask them to come or can I stand up and go talk to them?

2) computer freezes for 30 sec vs. 5 min
3) does DAT automatically start again after 15 min break or do we have to activate it again (to make sure that I am not late for the test)

4) If I marked some problems and finished the last section, does it ask me if I wanna go thru the marked ones only? and when do they ask this for science? after bio or after all 3 are done? How about for reading? Do they ask after each passage or after all 3 are done?

and does it automatically move to the next subject once I finish the subject or does it ask me if I wanna spend the rest of time going over them? or do I have to click something to move on to the next subject?

5) Should I ask if I can touch the monitor?

Members don't see this ad.

what should i do if

Do I raise my hand and ask them to come or can I stand up and go talk to them?

Check it before you start when they take your thumbprint.

2) computer freezes for 30 sec vs. 5 min
The computers are slow, but if the software freezes, the timer freezes as well.

3) does DAT automatically start again after 15 min break or do we have to activate it again (to make sure that I am not late for the test)
if you're going to take your full 15 min break then yes, it will automatically start. I'd suggest not using the whole time so you can start when you're ready instead of being forced to resume.

4) If I marked some problems and finished the last section, does it ask me if I wanna go thru the marked ones only? and when do they ask this for science? after bio or after all 3 are done? How about for reading? Do they ask after each passage or after all 3 are done?

After you finish the numbers will all show up as well as a marked sign next to them if you marked them. You can choose whether you go to the marked ones or select which questions to refer back to.
and does it automatically move to the next subject once I finish the subject or does it ask me if I wanna spend the rest of time going over them? or do I have to click something to move on to the next subject?

After you are finished with all the questions you have the choice to move on. If you don't select that choice (to start the next section) then you will stay in that particular section.
5) Should I ask if I can touch the monitor?

I asked for kicks. They said I could do whatever I wanted. There was no other time in my DAT studying days had I regretted not learning how to measure angles with my pen/writing board :( oh well, I did ok without it. Point being, it doesn't hurt to ask.

good luck! :thumbup:

1) i asked for several markrs, and checked each and every one of them before the test, after my break i swapped all four markers. Overall i was very happy with their marker, they were better than the ones i had at home even though they were the exact same thin(expo) lol

2)STAY CALM!!! Dont freak out, it'll work out...

3)Yes it does, so u better make sure that your there on tme, I lost almost a minute because i had to wait to sign back in and it took long. Yea and you have to sign out and back in during your break, so keep track of time.

4)Yea it prompts you to review after all of TS, after all 3 passages of RC, all the sections of the PAT, and after QR.

5)Yes if your into that sort of thing lol jk yea definitely do so, i forgot to ask so i didnt, but eh didnt make too much of a difference to me

Goodluck stay calm, and you'll rock it!!

what should i do if

Do I raise my hand and ask them to come or can I stand up and go talk to them? They usually tell u beforehand what to do. Don't stress!

2) computer freezes for 30 sec vs. 5 min I didn't experience this.. hopefully u won't too!

3) does DAT automatically start again after 15 min break or do we have to activate it again (to make sure that I am not late for the test) It starts automatically after 15 mins.. i mean why would they tell u your break is 15 mins if u can just leave and come back to start whenever u want?

4) If I marked some problems and finished the last section, does it ask me if I wanna go thru the marked ones only? and when do they ask this for science? after bio or after all 3 are done? How about for reading? Do they ask after each passage or after all 3 are done? After each section.. Science altogether.... passages altogether. Yes there will be a screen where it'll tell u which one u marked.. or skipped.

and does it automatically move to the next subject once I finish the subject or does it ask me if I wanna spend the rest of time going over them? or do I have to click something to move on to the next subject? If your allotted time is over.. it'll end it for u.. and ask u to move on. U can move on to the next section if u finished early.

5) Should I ask if I can touch the monitor? I asked.. i wasn't allowed to touch the screen :(.

Good luck tomorrow!!!

Members don't see this ad :)
Ok, if you have any problems then get up and talk to them.

Do NOT be late during the break.

If you touch the monitor then they might kick you out. They are allowed to and if someone is having a bad day...

The rest doesn't matter. Get off SDN. Tell me how you do tomorrow. :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:
GOOD LUCK

You'll be totally fine with time during your break, I thought I was cutting it close by going to the bathroom and when I got back it hadn't even been 5 mins haha, that's including signing out, finger scanning, signing in

One thing I'd recommend is getting used to using that marker! TBH I barely used mine, but when I did I had to write huge so that numbers were distinguishable

Good luck today- hopefully we'll be seeing an awesome breakdown of your scores tonight! :thumbup:

Yeh joon,
We know you here on sdn. We are are watching out for you. Let us know how it was.
Best of luck!!!

Ok, if you have any problems then get up and talk to them.

Do NOT be late during the break.

If you touch the monitor then they might kick you out. They are allowed to and if someone is having a bad day...

The rest doesn't matter. Get off SDN. Tell me how you do tomorrow. :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:
GOOD LUCK

About touching the monitor, ask before you head in if it is allowed. When I asked my proctor if touching the monitor will count as cheating he laughed at my face and told me to calm down.