DAT in 3 weeks! Advice!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Hey all,

I'm taking the DAT in 3 weeks and I need some advice! So during June and most of July, I reviewed for all of the sections on the DAT using Bootcamp resources, Feralis notes, etc. I started working on the DAT Destroyer at the end of July and I plan on finishing it. I don't do that well on Bootcamp practice tests and I feel like it's wasting my time by taking away from doing Destroyer problems...and it's making me anxious. Do you think it's best to focus on finishing the Destroyer and feeling comfortable, taking the 2009 test and go from there or should I utilize Bootcamp's tests more?

Any advice will help! Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

I personally used bootcamp throughout the studying. What do u mean when you say you are not doig well. I wouldn't worry about scores unless they are under 18, just learn why you are missing questions, just like you would do in destroyer. Is there a certain section/sections that are giving you trouble on bootcamp?

Do Destroyer at least one time through, and then work on BC's practice tests. Read all solutions, for both Destroyer and BC, whether you got them right or wrong. Don't worry about the scores you getting on BC so much, focus more on the questions you are missing. I scored higher in every section on the real thing vs. BC, so there's that.

Reactions: 1 user
I personally used bootcamp throughout the studying. What do u mean when you say you are not doig well. I wouldn't worry about scores unless they are under 18, just learn why you are missing questions, just like you would do in destroyer. Is there a certain section/sections that are giving you trouble on bootcamp?
Like 18-19s. I think it may be due to lack of focus while taking them. I don't want those scores to interfere because I know I can do better on the actual exam. Isn't the 2009 DAT the best estimater on where I'm at and if I should reschedule?

Members don't see this ad :)
Do Destroyer at least one time through, and then work on BC's practice tests. Read all solutions, for both Destroyer and BC, whether you got them right or wrong. Don't worry about the scores you getting on BC so much, focus more on the questions you are missing. I scored higher in every section on the real thing vs. BC, so there's that.
That sounds like the plan I was thinking. Thanks for the advice!

Like 18-19s. I think it may be due to lack of focus while taking them. I don't want those scores to interfere because I know I can do better on the actual exam. Isn't the 2009 DAT the best estimater on where I'm at and if I should reschedule?
The 2009 is great because the level of difficulty of the sciences was very similar to the test. however, I don't think the score was that accurate, so dont worry about the scores, as long as you are over 18.

Last edited:
I would finish Destroyer (while also doing content review) before BC. BC is the closest you can get to the real exam in terms of checking your knowledge in my opinion, it's best saved towards the end of your content review so you can check your knowledge and identify weak areas.

Reactions: 1 users
Hey all,

I'm taking the DAT in 3 weeks and I need some advice! So during June and most of July, I reviewed for all of the sections on the DAT using Bootcamp resources, Feralis notes, etc. I started working on the DAT Destroyer at the end of July and I plan on finishing it. I don't do that well on Bootcamp practice tests and I feel like it's wasting my time by taking away from doing Destroyer problems...and it's making me anxious. Do you think it's best to focus on finishing the Destroyer and feeling comfortable, taking the 2009 test and go from there or should I utilize Bootcamp's tests more?

Any advice will help! Thanks!
IMO from working with many students this summer and through the years, I believe your best plan at this point is to finish Destroyer and complete the 2009 exam to identify areas of weakness. Some students get anxious when taking timed test and are looking for assurance of what they will score on the actual DAT. No test including the 2009 will be able accurately predict a score 100 percent of the time. I have been contacted by students that score higher, the same, and lower. Destroyer is meant to cover all areas, no matter what version you are presented on test day.

Just my 2 cents

Nancy
"Think 30"

I would finish Destroyer (while also doing content review) before BC. BC is the closest you can get to the real exam in terms of checking your knowledge in my opinion, it's best saved towards the end of your content review so you can check your knowledge and identify weak areas.
That sounds good and like what I was thinking...thanks for the advice!

IMO from working with many students this summer and through the years, I believe your best plan at this point is to finish Destroyer and complete the 2009 exam to identify areas of weakness. Some students get anxious when taking timed test and are looking for assurance of what they will score on the actual DAT. No test including the 2009 will be able accurately predict a score 100 percent of the time. I have been contacted by students that score higher, the same, and lower. Destroyer is meant to cover all areas, no matter what version you are presented on test day.

Just my 2 cents

Nancy
"Think 30"
Thanks for the advice, Nancy!

Remember these are all just resources to master each topic. Focus on that rather than on what you do or don't do. I think 3 weeks remaining is ample time if you use your time well, good luck!