DAT in 4 days could use advice!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

nthamby1

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello again SDN!

So I just took the 2009 SNS section and scored
Bio - 20
GC - 17 (made a couple silly mistakes)
OC - 19

I am a little worried because I hear these scores are most representative of my real scores. I know there are some errors in the test and I think I accounted for them but I am not 100% positive. I did make some silly mistakes too. Anyway I was just wondering if you had any advice on how I should focus my remaining time studying. I still have 2 full length tests on bootcamp I could do, and I've only done a little over a 1/3 of destroyer. I definitely want to finish destroyer but for some reason I find myself spending way too much time on questions and I'm not sure If i could do both BC full lengths and destroyer. As for PAT and RC I am not too worried about since i'm averaging around 21. But for QR I am getting around 17-18 so I do plan to spend more time on that.

Anyway any advice on what you guys think would be best for me would be greatly appreciated!

-Nathan

Members don't see this ad.

I would strongly suggest Destroyer and trying to review your old BC exams. My DAT has concepts that I only learned from both BC and Destroyer. Math was tough on my DAT, so I would try to reinforce that area. Good luck!

Reactions: 1 user
Try not to worry yourself too much, really need to be focused in these last few days. Given your limited time I would recommend getting through as much of the bio section of the destroyer as possible and trying to finish whatever bootcamp tests (bio orgo chem QR) that you haven't taken yet and go through the explanations on those.
Also, make sure you are very comfortable with the quantitative comparison questions from bootcamp. If you for some reason have any time left over or find you just can't focus on one resource that much you should definitely try and work on some problems from the rest of the destroyer sections.

If you have any other questions about your test, feel free to message me.

Reactions: 2 users
As said above, really try to get through Destroyer. If you are unable to do so, then at least read through all the solutions. They contain so much info that will definitely help you on the test. As for BC, I'd say don't worry about the full-lengths, take a bunch of the individual subject tests, and read through all the solutions. For QR, try to do 1-10 of the Math Destroyer, and 1-3 of the BC individual tests. The former will help on trig/geo problems and the latter will help with QC questions. Hope this helps! Your scores for the 2009 are pretty good, you will do great on the real thing! :)

Members don't see this ad :)
Thank you for the advice guys. I think I have a good idea how to spend these last few days now! :D

DO not drink a can of monster and a liter of water right before. You will have to pee so bad you will sit cross legged and lean forward like a maniac.

Reactions: 4 users
DO not drink a can of monster and a liter of water right before. You will have to pee so bad you will sit cross legged and lean forward like a maniac.
Since we're on the topic, I regularly drank one of the small starbucks double shot espressos that come in cans for studying, so I chose to drink one right before I walked in for my test (8am test). Personally, I think it helped and I didn't feel the urge to use the bathroom until after my PAT.

Drinking a large can of anything right before your test is probably not the best bet I agree.

Be sure to look at the quantitative comparison problems on SDN that orgoman posted. I saw several of these on my DAT 2 weeks ago

I just took my DAT today and scored around the same as you for OC/Bio on the 2009 and my SNS ended being way different on the real thing (got a 26 on OC with not much additional studying!).

If I were you I would focus on QR and GC- I decided Destroyer would take too long and might stress me out in the final days so I spent a few days watching Mike's videos on BC in high speed and doing one Bootcamp QR test/day. Good Luck!! Think 30!!