DAT in 4 more days :(((((

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

fdat94

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,
I have only a few more days left until I take my DAT. I am really nervous and I have the feeling where I do and don't feel confident. I've studied bio alot, same with gen chem, and I know my ochem really well. Pat I am good at, reading and math are alright.
I don't know how to feel, I just feel so anxious and sad
Is the test as hard as it sounds?

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
If you're doing okay on bootcamp you'll be fine!! Relax the day before your exam to lower your anxiety. But if you did destroyer and bootcamp, you'll be golden. My scores were 1-2 points higher than bootcamp across the board.

If you're doing okay on bootcamp you'll be fine!! Relax the day before your exam to lower your anxiety. But if you did destroyer and bootcamp, you'll be golden. My scores were 1-2 points higher than bootcamp across the board.

I mean, I kinda did my own way of studying. I didn't really go off of Ari's study guide but I did use the resources.
I did all bootcamps tests first then did destroyer. I used bootcamp as my learning material, and after the second time around I average 20 for bio, 19 or chem, and 25 for ochem.
I just feel like I'm not prepared, but I do overthink a lot so I do agree I need to calm down. I will be reviewing math and reading in the next few days

Relax!!!! Have you two taken the 2009 dat yet? I just took my dat recently and it wasn't as intimidating as I imagined it was.
Be sure to take deep breaths to calm down your adrenaline! I myself didn't follow any set schedule of study, I studied at my own pace. However I went through destroyer more than I did DBC.

Your boot camp scores look great, you will be just fine.

Reactions: 1 user
Can I ask you a couple random questions about the exam?
Were you allowed to have a bottle of water with you?
Did you actually have to get up to trade in your laminated paper? did you have to give them both pieces when you traded them in ?

Relax!!!! Have you two taken the 2009 dat yet? I just took my dat recently and it wasn't as intimidating as I imagined it was.
Be sure to take deep breaths to calm down your adrenaline!
I did! I got 21 in bio 21 in chem and 22 in ochem

Be sure to take deep breaths to calm down your adrenaline!
I took the 2007 yesterday, and did really well. I'm saving the 2009 DAT for tomorrow or Tuesday.

Did you actually have to get up to trade in your laminated paper? did you have to give them both pieces when you traded them in ?

You cannot have anything in the exam room with you. So no water. And yes... you're supposed to go back and trade in your sheet. You can do one at a time or both. However, I just spit on my finger and erased to save time. But I had my room planned out pretty well so I didn't have to exchange sheets.

honestly if this test was on paper I would do so much better -___-
I feel like it being on the computer is annoying

You can give them one piece for one piece. And no you don't you just wave it in the air and give it to them.

No you may not have a bottle of water with you. Only when you have breaks can you get water.

Members don't see this ad :)
At least you get the scores immediately!!
very true, I couldn't wait for weeks i would die..

I Feel like the most painful moment will be after the math section because you dont know if youre gonna be happy as heck or depressed as hell

Reactions: 1 user
you're supposed to go back and trade in your sheet. You can do one at a time or both.

no you don't you just wave it in the air and give it to them.

Both of the above are correct.

In my DAT, I traded one sheet between the natural science and PAT section (had the PAT grids on the other) by raising my hand and having it replaced.

However, as I was ending the DAT in the QR section, I found myself out of writing space, and I raised my hand for replacement sheets. The moderator was busy looking at the computer or something, and time was ticking, so I got up, ran to his desk, exchanged both sheets, and returned within 25 seconds.

The 5th ochem exam is the least like the dat lol. I got a 19 there too. Freaked me out a bit.

How is the gen chem??? ON the dat and bio?? :((

Bio is a little less wordy than boot camp. I got higher on the dat than boot camp. My boot camp max is 21. Gen chem calculations are easy and straightforward however there are lab questions so be prepared for those. I had a few tricky conceptual questions, but I. Managed just fine. I scored 24 24 18 21 on boot camp and got a 26 on the dat.

Bio is a little less wordy than boot camp. I got higher on the dat than boot camp. My boot camp max is 21. Gen chem calculations are easy and straightforward however there are lab questions so be prepared for those. I had a few tricky conceptual questions, but I. Managed just fine. I scored 24 24 18 21 on boot camp and got a 26 on the dat.
How would you compare it to qvault? Qvault is tooooo specific dont you think?

I only did the qvault free bio test. Didn't buy anything from them. And hmmm, the dat did have specific question as like one about rain shadows which you would never guess if you didn't study the destroyer. It's a mixture really. What I can say however is a ton of topics came straight from the bio destroyer, so knowing all the topics well is the key.

I only did the qvault free bio test. Didn't buy anything from them. And hmmm, the dat did have specific question as like one about rain shadows which you would never guess if you didn't study the destroyer. It's a mixture really. What I can say however is a ton of topics came straight from the bio destroyer, so knowing all the topics well is the key.
I went through bio destroyer once, I dont know if I have time to go through it again and nail each question
:(

I went through bio destroyer once, I dont know if I have time to go through it again and nail each question
:(
It's not about nailing each section, it's about knowing the material! I went through the whole destroyer book in 8 hours 2 days out from the test. Granted I've went through it about 20 times.
So what if you get a question wrong? Once you find out what you got wrong you'll know the answer and that'll go with you to the test.

It's not about nailing each section, it's about knowing the material! I went through the whole destroyer book in 8 hours 2 days out from the test. Granted I've went through it about 20 times.
So what if you get a question wrong? Once you find out what you got wrong you'll know the answer and that'll go with you to the test.
Alright, Ill take your advice!! WIsh me luck

DO you guys took these tests after doing those "Subject specific" practices?
yes thats how i learned the material, its not about what you get right or memorizing the answer, its about understand how they got the right answer

DO you guys took these tests after doing those "Subject specific" practices?

The subject specific practicing should be done AFTER you take all the tests. Because they are just test questions. It's meant to let you work on areas you truely believe you are weak in.

Good luck for the exam. One way or the other, I am sure you will be glad when its all over.

The subject specific practicing should be done AFTER you take all the tests. Because they are just test questions. It's meant to let you work on areas you truely believe you are weak in.
Sorry one last question, I been overloading you with questions so my bad

I do not have the Math destroyer unfortunately, I could not afford it.
Will I be okay if I master the back side of the DAT destroyer math section in the very back?? Really worried about QR

Sorry one last question, I been overloading you with questions so my bad

I do not have the Math destroyer unfortunately, I could not afford it.
Will I be okay if I master the back side of the DAT destroyer math section in the very back?? Really worried about QR

I recommend doing and studying DBC tests over the back on dat destroyer. The math is harder than that. The back is to be used as starting material but you are a bit further than that now.