2+ Year Member
Dec 5, 2016
Status (Visible)
  1. Dental Student
Bio- 25
Gen Chem- 24
O chem- 21
PAT- 22
What is the general consensus to the real thing? I keep hearing mixed opinions on it. Also does anyone have a link to download the test? I got mine from a friend and the RC section was half washed off. I didn't bother to do QR since the QR section has changed, but i did a bootcamp test instead.
Finally does anyone have any tips on RC? I have been focusing on mostly everything but RC. I took around 7 RC tests and scored 20s and above but i have not taken a RC test since last week.
Any last minute tips are much appreciated!!!

Reactions: 1 user

Pearl E. White

D2 at LECOM
5+ Year Member
May 20, 2014
Bradenton, FL
Status (Visible)
  1. Dental Student
Bio- 25
Gen Chem- 24
O chem- 21
PAT- 22
What is the general consensus to the real thing? I keep hearing mixed opinions on it. Also does anyone have a link to download the test? I got mine from a friend and the RC section was half washed off. I didn't bother to do QR since the QR section has changed, but i did a bootcamp test instead.
Finally does anyone have any tips on RC? I have been focusing on mostly everything but RC. I took around 7 RC tests and scored 20s and above but i have not taken a RC test since last week.
Any last minute tips are much appreciated!!!
Nice scores! Here is a link to the exam. http://www.predent.org.vt.edu/admissions/dat-sample-test-2009.pdf
Good luck!

About the Ads

VMun54

2+ Year Member
Dec 5, 2016
Status (Visible)
  1. Dental Student
Also could anyone help me understand this question? The answer is A

Attachments

• CHEM.jpg
    CHEM.jpg
    24 KB · Views: 24

Pearl E. White

D2 at LECOM
5+ Year Member
May 20, 2014
Bradenton, FL
Status (Visible)
  1. Dental Student
Also could anyone help me understand this question? The answer is A
The reaction they are asking about has been reversed and halved in comparison to the equilibrium reaction. Therefore K must be inverted (due to the reversal) and raised to the power of 1/2 (since the equilibrium reaction has been reduced by half). Since K was 2 initially, the sum of the changes would be (1/2)^(1/2). I hope that makes sense.

In summary and in broad terms, if you reverse a reaction you invert K. If you multiply or divide a reaction by some factor, you raise K to that factor.

VMun54

2+ Year Member
Dec 5, 2016
Status (Visible)
  1. Dental Student
The reaction they are asking about has been reversed and halved in comparison to the equilibrium reaction. Therefore K must be inverted (due to the reversal) and raised to the power of 1/2 (since the equilibrium reaction has been reduced by half). Since K was 2 initially, the sum of the changes would be (1/2)^(1/2). I hope that makes sense.

In summary and in broad terms, if you reverse a reaction you invert K. If you multiply or divide a reaction by some factor, you raise K to that factor.

Ohhhh okay that makes sense. Thanks again!

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.
About the Ads