DAT in 5 days and starting to freak out...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

WindKP

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I've been studying for the past 8 weeks with the first 4 pretty low key of mainly watching Chad's videos, BC PAT practice, Ferali's Notes etc ~4 hours/5 days a week. This past month I've buckled down more (8 hours/6 days a week, some weekends off) but still feel like there's so much more to cement! I've done most of the bootcamp tests a couple times and am doing well with Bio (19-25), PAT (plateauing ~20), RC (22++). GC I can do get ~20 while OC I'm still hovering around 18 but this is after doing them once through and a repeat of a test or two...QR I can be from a 14-18 and haven't done all of the BC tests.

For the past week and a half I've been doing destroyer questions - 150 OC, 150 GC, 3 Math Destroyer tests but I'm really having to put a lot of effort in them. I have to check my math, formulas, etc in the solutions for quite a few of the problems and I'm definitely not even close to timing myself on the QR tests.

My test is on Tuesday and I want nothing more than getting this test off my chest but I'm afraid I'll bomb it. I'm not sure if my decent BC scores are merely because I've done them multiple times and now destroyer is definitely a confidence destroyer! I have an acceptable GPA (oGPA 3.6 and sGPA 3.45) and no red flags on my app so I don't need to score 22+ in every section but I'd really like to avoid bombing a section or two and having to retake. That would put me into October and too late for this cycle I would imagine...anyways, I guess I'm just looking for reassurance! I'm the kind of person who never studied more than 48 hours in advance for any of my undergrad tests so these past two months have been killing me!

Members don't see this ad.

I've been studying for the past 8 weeks with the first 4 pretty low key of mainly watching Chad's videos, BC PAT practice, Ferali's Notes etc ~4 hours/5 days a week. This past month I've buckled down more (8 hours/6 days a week, some weekends off) but still feel like there's so much more to cement! I've done most of the bootcamp tests a couple times and am doing well with Bio (19-25), PAT (plateauing ~20), RC (22++). GC I can do get ~20 while OC I'm still hovering around 18 but this is after doing them once through and a repeat of a test or two...QR I can be from a 14-18 and haven't done all of the BC tests.

For the past week and a half I've been doing destroyer questions - 150 OC, 150 GC, 3 Math Destroyer tests but I'm really having to put a lot of effort in them. I have to check my math, formulas, etc in the solutions for quite a few of the problems and I'm definitely not even close to timing myself on the QR tests.

My test is on Tuesday and I want nothing more than getting this test off my chest but I'm afraid I'll bomb it. I'm not sure if my decent BC scores are merely because I've done them multiple times and now destroyer is definitely a confidence destroyer! I have an acceptable GPA (oGPA 3.6 and sGPA 3.45) and no red flags on my app so I don't need to score 22+ in every section but I'd really like to avoid bombing a section or two and having to retake. That would put me into October and too late for this cycle I would imagine...anyways, I guess I'm just looking for reassurance! I'm the kind of person who never studied more than 48 hours in advance for any of my undergrad tests so these past two months have been killing me!
What did you score on your bootcamp tests the first time through? After the first time, your score isn't a good indicator of how you'll be doing since you've seen the questions before. That being said, you should eventually be scoring 30's and getting 100% on the BC tests after you've taken them a couple times.

Also, there is a difference between feeling scared and nervous vs. feeling unprepared. Figure out which it is you are feeling. If it's the latter, then you may want to push it back a week or two.

Good luck!

What did you score on your bootcamp tests the first time through? After the first time, your score isn't a good indicator of how you'll be doing since you've seen the questions before. That being said, you should eventually be scoring 30's and getting 100% on the BC tests after you've taken them a couple times.

Also, there is a difference between feeling scared and nervous vs. feeling unprepared. Figure out which it is you are feeling. If it's the latter, then you may want to push it back a week or two.

Good luck!
Just an aside, but if there are no timseslots say a week in advance of a scheduled test date, could you push the test to like the end of august then keep checking availability every day when you are ready to reschedule it again (meaning last minute)?

Ignoring recent repeats this is what I've been getting

Bio: 17/20/22/23/19/17
GC: 14/20/18/19/24
OC: 15/18/18/17/18
QR: 15/16/17
PAT: 19/18/16/17/18/20/20
RC: 22/25/22

Members don't see this ad :)
Just an aside, but if there are no timseslots say a week in advance of a scheduled test date, could you push the test to like the end of august then keep checking availability every day when you are ready to reschedule it again (meaning last minute)?
Oh hmm I'm not sure. When I rescheduled mine back in April there were multiple dates available every week. Now when it's peak season it may be another story. That's something I hadn't thought of. Good point.

As I've been going through math destroyer I'm feeling a little better. Im getting ~30/40 in about an hour/test. I'm not looking for a 20 (from what I've heard QR is the least important), but if I got just a 17-18 and my other scores are closer to 19-21 I feel like I'll be ok. Good luck dkay95! This last week really sucks but I really just want to get it over with!

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Reactions: 1 user