May 24, 2015
Status
Pre-Dental
I can't believe I'm less than a week from finally clashing with this thing! I am a mixture of scared, optimistic, anxious, prepared, and a lot of readiness to get it over with. I am hoping to get done with my last run through of the Destroyer by Friday, which is also when I scheduled my test drive. I've also been doing PAT and a Math QR test every day. What else do you guys recommend I do on these last days, especially that last 3 days? Any tips/advice is helpful advice.

Reactions: okiedokeartichoke

orgoman22

DAT DESTROYER... Dr. Romano and Nancy
Lifetime Donor
Sponsor
Vendor
10+ Year Member
Mar 12, 2005
New York City
www.orgoman.com
Status
Non-Student
I can't believe I'm less than a week from finally clashing with this thing! I am a mixture of scared, optimistic, anxious, prepared, and a lot of readiness to get it over with. I am hoping to get done with my last run through of the Destroyer by Friday, which is also when I scheduled my test drive. I've also been doing PAT and a Math QR test every day. What else do you guys recommend I do on these last days, especially that last 3 days? Any tips/advice is helpful advice.
breathe!

orgoman22

DAT DESTROYER... Dr. Romano and Nancy
Lifetime Donor
Sponsor
Vendor
10+ Year Member
Mar 12, 2005
New York City
www.orgoman.com
Status
Non-Student
We have the same test date! I have a mess of emotions too. Part of me doesn't feel as nearly prepared as I would like, but another part of me just wants the anxiety to end so I can finally enjoy what little summer I have left. Good luck to you!
Good luck to you!

array

2+ Year Member
Aug 3, 2016
Texas
Status
Pre-Dental
Try to stay calm, go outside and do physical activities like working out or swimming, and review light stuff just to refresh your mind (PAT, Biology, Mechanisms, etc). Good luck!

Reactions: Ardwan

russelldw

5+ Year Member
Mar 4, 2014
Status
Pre-Dental
People usually say relax but that is not what works for me! I still studied hard and even crammed random biology facts the morning of my exam. Whatever works for you!

OP
FutureDDS_11
May 24, 2015
Status
Pre-Dental
Take it easy, no need to stress, light review, and breaks!
Try to stay calm, go outside and do physical activities like working out or swimming, and review light stuff just to refresh your mind (PAT, Biology, Mechanisms, etc). Good luck!
You've got this :). I see you on here a lot and I know you must be workin hard!
People usually say relax but that is not what works for me! I still studied hard and even crammed random biology facts the morning of my exam. Whatever works for you!
Thank you everyone, you guys are awesome!

Last edited:

redhotchiligochu

D3
2+ Year Member
Jul 11, 2016
USA
Status
Dental Student
DO NOT CRAM and refrain from taking a full-length practice exam in those 3 days. You don't want to run a practice marathon 24 hours before having to run the actual marathon.

Like many above posters said, light review, breathe, and relax. Mentally rehearse how you want to approach the exam and the different sections. Hydrate, don't drink alcohol or food that may cause digestive issues.... you get the point.

Charles_Darwin

2+ Year Member
Mar 28, 2016
Status
Pre-Dental
Hey buddy! I knew I wouldn't be able to relax unless I got the jitters out of my system, so work out if that helps you. The day before, I studied my notes/starred flash cards and did a bit of PAT prep until 1pm. Then I ran 2.6 miles to the nearest lake. I'm not terribly fit, so this left me totally exhausted by 7pm and ready to head to bed! I made the mistake of hanging out with a friend at a coffee place around 8 though, and the caffeine kept me up :p

OP
FutureDDS_11
May 24, 2015
Status
Pre-Dental
DO NOT CRAM and refrain from taking a full-length practice exam in those 3 days. You don't want to run a practice marathon 24 hours before having to run the actual marathon.

Like many above posters said, light review, breathe, and relax. Mentally rehearse how you want to approach the exam and the different sections. Hydrate, don't drink alcohol or food that may cause digestive issues.... you get the point.
Thank you and you're absolutely right, I will definitely take it easy especially the day before.

Hey buddy! I knew I wouldn't be able to relax unless I got the jitters out of my system, so work out if that helps you. The day before, I studied my notes/starred flash cards and did a bit of PAT prep until 1pm. Then I ran 2.6 miles to the nearest lake. I'm not terribly fit, so this left me totally exhausted by 7pm and ready to head to bed! I made the mistake of hanging out with a friend at a coffee place around 8 though, and the caffeine kept me up :p
Thanks a lot man! How did you do?! I was checking the forum every 2 hours yesterday to check on how you did haha I'm sure you killed it though

Charles_Darwin

2+ Year Member
Mar 28, 2016
Status
Pre-Dental
Thanks a lot man! How did you do?! I was checking the forum every 2 hours yesterday to check on how you did haha I'm sure you killed it though
Killed it :) I'm sure you will too!

OnlyIfICouldTurnBackTime

2+ Year Member
Feb 11, 2015
I strongly suggest you to sit down and take at least one Full Length test before your exam if you haven't done so. Like many people on this forum have, and myself included, you may (or may not) run out of time during the math section, mostly due to exhuastion and not being able to give sufficent s$#t. You will do fine, stay positive and you will yield a good result.

Sent from my SM-N910V using SDN mobile

LuckBloodandSweat

2+ Year Member
May 26, 2015
Status
Dental Student
You... are unbelievable!

WheatLom

2+ Year Member
Jul 6, 2016
Status
Pre-Dental
Hey my exam is in 5 days, the day after yours! I get anxious, so I think the advice here is prime. I am doing an exam tomorrow and the day after. then Ill probably do small problem sets and review answer guides for content more than answers.

OP
FutureDDS_11
May 24, 2015
Status
Pre-Dental
Hey my exam is in 5 days, the day after yours! I get anxious, so I think the advice here is prime. I am doing an exam tomorrow and the day after. then Ill probably do small problem sets and review answer guides for content more than answers.
Yup, after tomorrow, most of what I'll be doing will be light reviews of my notes and stuff. Good luck!