This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

The thinker guy

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have been studying for the DAT now for 4 weeks and averaging a 18AA 19PAT overall. I would like more time to study so that I can get a 20AA. Would taking the DAT in the last week of July still be considered early? I submitted my application on June 5 and my gpa is verified and LOR are in. Plus I have already paid the secondary app fees (for the school that allow you to before taking the DAT) I have a 3.76 overall and 3.66 sgpa, and a Bio-Chem-Phys 3.80 GPA (B's in calculus lowed my science gap). I also have 500 hours of volunteer, and 500 hours of shadowing. Let me know what you guys think.

Members don't see this ad.

You'll be fine. I talked to Dean of Admission for two schools about this because it's the same thing I'll be doing and they said as long as the application is fully complete by mid-late August (before September!) you should be good.

You'll be fine. I talked to Dean of Admission for two schools about this because it's the same thing I'll be doing and they said as long as the application is fully complete by mid-late August (before September!) you should be good.

Geese I would have thought that late August would be "late".

Members don't see this ad :)
The application closes in February. Getting it in anytime in the summer is still early. Realize that only a minority of the people applying are on SDN and don't feel the competitive environment here of needing to get it in in June in order to be accepted.

That's what the Dean of Admission at Marquette and University of Minnesota told me. Anyways, best of luck!!

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
The application closes in February. Getting it in anytime in the summer is still early. Realize that only a minority of the people applying arent on SDN and don't feel the competitive environment here of needing to get it in in June in order to be accepted.

That's what the Dean of Admission at Marquette and University of Minnesota told me. Anyways, best of luck!!
Reading this is reassuring.