DAT in less than 48 hours! Help me calm down!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

virtualmaster999

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi all!

Omg Im a wreck right now. Like Im sooooo paranoid. I keep thinking "what if this, what if that"...

I've worked SOOOO hard over the past couple months...I just want everything to go well! One test is torturing me!

I can safely say that I feel confident going into the exam. I feel like I literally have done everything possible. It's just the nerves...I just want it to be over!

Here's what I've done to prepare:
-Gen chem/ orgo destroyer 3x
-Bio destroyer 2x
-Approx 6-700 notecards for bio (who knows..maybe even more)
-Chad's video's+ quizzes
-KBB
-Feralis' notes like sooo many times
-All BC twice (except QR which I didnt do, and I did RC once, with repeating like two exams). All science/ PAT scores 20+, RC 18-20
-All DATQVault Bio
-Math Destroyer (first 10 tests twice)+ regular destroyer math twice
-DATGenius (all RC, 3 PAT exams)
-5 QVault RC (18-22)
-2007 ADA (happy with scores)
-2009 ADA (happy with scores, except RC, which was 17)

I think I got everything I used... LOL!

Just these nerves ahhhhhh!

I know it's time..

Last minute advice? Suggestions to calm down? Tips?

Thanks everyone!!

Members don't see this ad.

Hi all!

Omg Im a wreck right now. Like Im sooooo paranoid. I keep thinking "what if this, what if that"...

I've worked SOOOO hard over the past couple months...I just want everything to go well! One test is torturing me!

I can safely say that I feel confident going into the exam. I feel like I literally have done everything possible. It's just the nerves...I just want it to be over!

Here's what I've done to prepare:
-Gen chem/ orgo destroyer 3x
-Bio destroyer 2x
-Approx 6-700 notecards for bio (who knows..maybe even more)
-Chad's video's+ quizzes
-KBB
-Feralis' notes like sooo many times
-All BC twice (except QR which I didnt do, and I did RC once, with repeating like two exams). All science/ PAT scores 20+, RC 18-20
-All DATQVault Bio
-Math Destroyer (first 10 tests twice)+ regular destroyer math twice
-DATGenius (all RC, 3 PAT exams)
-5 QVault RC (18-22)
-2007 ADA (happy with scores)
-2009 ADA (happy with scores, except RC, which was 17)

I think I got everything I used... LOL!

Just these nerves ahhhhhh!

I know it's time..

Last minute advice? Suggestions to calm down? Tips?

Thanks everyone!!
You should be fine. Just wondering, why didn't you do the other math destroyer questions?

You should be fine. Just wondering, why didn't you do the other math destroyer questions?

I didnt have enough time for the other 6, so I decided to focus on the ones that I did, and the mistakes I made. I had a lot of recommendations to go through the first 10 again rather than the next 6.

I didnt have enough time for the other 6, so I decided to focus on the ones that I did, and the mistakes I made. I had a lot of recommendations to go through the first 10 again rather than the next 6.
If I were you I would maybe thumb through the questions from test 10-16 and try to work the ones that you are not sure of. It could show up on your test for all you know.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Here is a story that might be useful in your particular situation:

The night before my DAT, I laid out all of my Ochem functional groups/big reactions on my web browser to review the morning of my test.

I got up three hours before the test. My internet was disconnected, and it was 5AM (my provider was not available at this time). I made some oatmeal.

I got in my car to drive to the test center. My GPS did not have a charge, as there was a power surge the previous night. I used my phone GPS and drove to the wrong side of the city as a result.

I called the testing center and calmly asked for directions. 45 minutes later, I started my test (thirty minutes late). I took a few deep ujayi breaths (yoga) and took about 20 seconds to center myself. End result? 21 AA.

You can do this. Calm yourself. Center. It will be ok. Go into this with a clear head and make this test your priority for the day. You will do well.

Reactions: 1 users
If I were you I would maybe thumb through the questions from test 10-16 and try to work the ones that you are not sure of. It could show up on your test for all you know.

Excellent advice, baffled why someone would advise not doing all the work we put in the Math Destroyer..

Excellent advice, baffled why someone would advise not doing all the work we put in the Math Destroyer..

I really wanted to go through all of them! But I wanted to make sure I put 100% effort into each one; I knew I wasnt going to have time to finish the last 6 with full effort, and decided it was best to focus on my mistakes from the first ten, practicing problems on those (ex. trig, probability etc). After going through the first 10 timed (while the first time was untimed) I think it was valuable to have a time constraint to practice with, as well as reviewing the ones I got wrong again.

I really wanted to go through all of them! But I wanted to make sure I put 100% effort into each one; I knew I wasnt going to have time to finish the last 6 with full effort, and decided it was best to focus on my mistakes from the first ten, practicing problems on those (ex. trig, probability etc). After going through the first 10 timed (while the first time was untimed) I think it was valuable to have a time constraint to practice with, as well as reviewing the ones I got wrong again.
I think you'll have time to run through them, seeing as you have 2 days and are only looking out for the ones that look weird. I'd say that other than timing, the destroyers are good resources because they have really strange questions sometimes or difficult ones that you wouldn't usually see in other sources. Thumbing through 240 problems to find maybe 20 that you are unsure of (you already practiced math, so I'm assuming you're good at most of it) seems like a good idea.

I think you'll have time to run through them, seeing as you have 2 days and are only looking out for the ones that look weird. I'd say that other than timing, the destroyers are good resources because they have really strange questions sometimes or difficult ones that you wouldn't usually see in other sources. Thumbing through 240 problems to find maybe 20 that you are unsure of (you already practiced math, so I'm assuming you're good at most of it) seems like a good idea.

Agree again! The time you are spending on SDN you can be studying..Just saying..

You know I like you Virtual, and wish nothing but success for you on Tuesday..:)

Nancy

You have prepared, go hang out with friends tomorrow and relax. The test is much harder in your imagination.

I'm on the same boat! I don't have enough time to go through the rest of the math destroyer, I only did about 8 of them but have been getting like 35/40.