DAT in less than 48 hours & still scoring low

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Mstoothlady2012

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi guys! I am taking dat on Aug 15th just took my last test (kaplan CD)...i just did sciences though because that is what I am worried about the most. I am doing ok in QR & RC. I am still doing crack the DAT PAT (4/10 left) for more practice. This is what i got in kaplan CD SNS test....

bio - 17
gchem - 18
ochem - 19

I have been stressing out a lot from past 2 weeks and being studying crazy ...even got sick yesterday with all the tension :( All i think about is DAT..even in dreams seriously!! So I have decided to relax tomorrow & may be study for couple of hours but not more..so i decided to do my last test today and see how i do. And i still didnt improve :( these are the scores that i have been consistently getting from past 4 tests...and I am so pissed/scared now. What do you guys think?​

Members don't see this ad.

Your going to do fine. You've been studying for a while.. plus I think kaplan over does the reactions for gen chem and doesn't test enough of the concepts.

p.s. My friend that took the dat a week ago...gchem was her worst subject and never broke an 18 on topscore/ kaplan. She scored a 22 on gchem. Hope that helps.

Good luck. I pushed my exam from the 15 to the 22... i have too much anxiety

Hi guys! I am taking dat on Aug 15th just took my last test (kaplan CD)...i just did sciences though because that is what I am worried about the most. I am doing ok in QR & RC. I am still doing crack the DAT PAT (4/10 left) for more practice. This is what i got in kaplan CD SNS test....​

bio - 17
gchem - 18
ochem - 19​

I have been stressing out a lot from past 2 weeks and being studying crazy ...even got sick yesterday with all the tension :( All i think about is DAT..even in dreams seriously!! So I have decided to relax tomorrow & may be study for couple of hours but not more..so i decided to do my last test today and see how i do. And i still didnt improve :( these are the scores that i have been consistently getting from past 4 tests...and I am so pissed/scared now. What do you guys think?​

make sure you know destroyer sciences!! you should be good for your test. msg me on msn and let me know how u did..good luck gurlie!! ur gonna do amazing

Goodluck :luck:

I honestly think you'll be fine seeing you answer everyone's q's on here.

Members don't see this ad :)
It is normal to feel that way.......this is a huge deal, but you just need to relax. Being in panic mode the night before and day of the test will only reduce your chances of doing well. Your scores will more than likely go up a couple of points from your practice test, or atleast that seems to be a trend. You will be fine, if you have put the time in it will all work out. At this point you have pretty much learned all you can, my advice would be to just chill out...gather your thoughts and be confident. You can do it !!

i was pretty nervous too when my dat's came up. i woke up way too early and couldnt fall back asleep. so i ended up watching movies.

just go to the test with confidence and dont doubt urself. im sure with that u can take all of ur knowledge and put it to good use. good luck.

thanks everyone for the support! i cant help it the way i feel...oh well will find out how i do within 2 days. If i score this low on the practice obviously i will do about the same or even lower on the real DAT...that freaks me out! yea m gonna try to relax tomorrow no matter how tempting it is to study!

THanks again

Heh... I'm worried too dude mines on the 18th and I don't feel ready at all! I might move it back. Goodluck with yours tell us how it went! :)

I used Kaplan too and I think the bio, Gchem, & Ochem Kaplan questions are harder than the DAT. I scored better on the DAT than those practice exams.
Don't panic, be cool and confident now that you have studied so much.

Yea, I know exactly how you feel, same day here too! I am just worried about RC. How are studying for QR?, I am just trying to do all the trig practice i can but I think you should be fine though!

Yea, I know exactly how you feel, same day here too! I am just worried about RC. How are studying for QR?, I am just trying to do all the trig practice i can but I think you should be fine though!
i didnt worry about Qr & Rc much..i think sciences are the most important and I am still weak at that...thats y a lil nervous but i think you have your sciences down. You cant really do much about RC...it all depends on what kind of paragraph we get and what kind of questions we get. QR hmm i can do easy-medium questions but those crazy probability questions i cant do. I can easily do word probs, trig, algebra, arithmetic, geometry etc..but probability still gives me hard time.

Just relax. The GC and OC on the actual DAT are not that difficult, but the bio questions can be quite random. Personally, I think the most difficult sections are QR and RC, so since you are prepared for those already, you should be good to go!

good luck!

Hey dont sweat it. Its too late to worry about anything so put your Kaplan scores behind you and just be confident when you walk into the testing room. The truth is that none of these practice exams are totally accurate in regard to how you will perform on the real thing, so just know that you have studied hard, that you know a lot, and you will be just fine!
Good luck!!!

Just relax. The GC and OC on the actual DAT are not that difficult, but the bio questions can be quite random. Personally, I think the most difficult sections are QR and RC, so since you are prepared for those already, you should be good to go!

good luck!
Thank you..did you have a lot of OC conceptual? or reagents, reactions, synthesis those type? kaplan cd had a lot of conceptual like about sugars, rotation and all that...that is why i scored lower. I am hoping to get more reagents, naming, synthesis type questions.

Hey dont sweat it. Its too late to worry about anything so put your Kaplan scores behind you and just be confident when you walk into the testing room. The truth is that none of these practice exams are totally accurate in regard to how you will perform on the real thing, so just know that you have studied hard, that you know a lot, and you will be just fine!
Good luck!!!
Thank you for your support! I am studying right now but will definitely relax tonight and get ready for the big day tomorrow!!

Good luck MStoothlady... You will do great. Thanks for answering my stupid questions too!

Thank you..did you have a lot of OC conceptual? or reagents, reactions, synthesis those type? kaplan cd had a lot of conceptual like about sugars, rotation and all that...that is why i scored lower. I am hoping to get more reagents, naming, synthesis type questions.

I didn't see one single sugar on OC, but it could be just me. There was some naming, but it was relatively easy. Its def. more reaction heavy on OC, at least when I took it 2 days ago...

I didn't see one single sugar on OC, but it could be just me. There was some naming, but it was relatively easy. Its def. more reaction heavy on OC, at least when I took it 2 days ago...
thanks! i hope mine is like yours as well :D