DAT in less than a week / ADA 2009 scores

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

tooth_hurty

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
My DAT is next Monday, so about 6 days left to wrap up my studying. I took the ADA 2009 today:

Bio: 37/40
GC: 27/30
OC: 26/30
PAT: 82/90
RC: 31/50
QR: 32/40 *2 lucky/educated guesses*

I'm happy with these scores but don't know how they translate to an actual score since there wasn't a conversion chart included. I was wondering how other people who have taken the DAT recently did on the ADA 2009 and how similar it was to their real score?

I don't know what happened with RC...kinda has got me worried now. I'm going to keep practicing RC these next few days and hoping to see some improvement.

Also, if anybody has any final-few-days-of-studying advice it'd be much appreciated. Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

I had the same BIO as you on 2009, 3 better on GC and same as OC. You should note that these sciences had mistakes that WERENT already shown to be mistakes so you probably did better than that even.

The RC and QR I had identical scores to you and the 2009 RC and QR are MUCHHHH harder than actual I got a 28 for real RC.

My PAT I did slightly better than you and got a 24 on actual. The real deal was a little bit harder than 2009 but I stepped up my game for it and did well.

So if you look at my scores they were almost identical to yours on 2009 and I ended up doing well on the actual with a 24 AA.

It's not a guaranteed indicator but it is the best you have.

Overall I thought the actual was a little harder than 2009 except for QR and RC being muchhhhh easier.

I would thoroughly review BIO.
Do some review on GC/OC second most.

I would do just a few practice tests with RC.
Practice weakest areas of PAT like pattern and angles.
And QR is up to you.

Reactions: 1 users
I had the same BIO as you on 2009, 3 better on GC and same as OC. You should note that these sciences had mistakes that WERENT already shown to be mistakes so you probably did better than that even.

The RC and QR I had identical scores to you and the 2009 RC and QR are MUCHHHH harder than actual I got a 28 for real RC.

My PAT I did slightly better than you and got a 24 on actual. The real deal was a little bit harder than 2009 but I stepped up my game for it and did well.

So if you look at my scores they were almost identical to yours on 2009 and I ended up doing well on the actual with a 24 AA.

It's not a guaranteed indicator but it is the best you have.

Overall I thought the actual was a little harder than 2009 except for QR and RC being muchhhhh easier.

I would thoroughly review BIO.
Do some review on GC/OC second most.

I would do just a few practice tests with RC.
Practice weakest areas of PAT like pattern and angles.
And QR is up to you.
Do you know exactly which numbers had mistakes? Besides the ones on the "errata sheet" that was provided. I figured they would've fixed all the errors by now, it's only been out for like 6 years lol. #14 on bio - the intracellular buffer should be phosphate right? And I noticed one question on the PAT that was blatantly wrong. On #85 there shouldn't be a fold line on the pattern...but I could still see what they were getting at so it worked out. Just makes me worried that this might happen on the real thing and we'd have no way of knowing...

That makes me feel better that RC and QR were harder on 2009 though. I only had like 12 minutes for the last RC passage and started freakin out. And QR there were a few questions where I had to just guess, and then some that felt ridiculously easy.

Thanks a lot for the info.

The phosphate buffer was one
Ochem I had a problem with a question asking bond angle some versions have it right others wrong.

Members don't see this ad :)

I gave my test away so not sure but I think it was 80.

I remember number 10 on PAT being wrong and I do remember one of the pattern folding s not making any sense at all haha.

Anyways I personally think with your scores you are sitting pretty good however my last week of studying was probably my most important. So don't slack off (Don't burn out either)

Reactions: 1 user
How did you view what you missed on each section of SNS?
I bought the paper version and it comes with an answer key.

Hows it compare to your BC scores?
Here are my bootcamp scores:

Bio: 20, 21, 19, 22, 21
GC: 18, 19, 23, 22, 19
OC: 18, 19, 23, 25, 29
PAT: 17, 17, 18, 19, 17, 20, 19, 20, 20, 21
RC: 18, 19, 20, 22, –

Did better on the ADA 2009 than bootcamp, but my actual scores were more similar to my bootcamp scores.