DAT in the morning! Looking for words of wisdom

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

PartyEnamel123

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
UPDATE: Thank you everybody for your positivity! The test went very well, and I will post a breakdown shortly! You guys are awesome

Hey guys, I'm taking this thing tomorrow morning and currently am having the pregame jitters! Anybody with or without experience think they can help me out with some last advice? Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
upload_2016-7-17_21-19-38.png

Reactions: 4 users
First, if you're still studying, I recommend you stop studying. It might be different for you, but in my case, studying the night before the test just freaked me out, and it kinda affected my sleep.
Next, prepare everything you need for tomorrow's test, so that you don't have to worry about it at the last minute. Your IDs, snacks, etc.
Finally, relax your brain. Go watch your favorite shows or meet up with your friends, or something.
Good luck!

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
1. Wear your favorite shirt. (I have a "test" shirt).
2. Get your 8+ hours
3. Eat some breakfast
4. Bring a snack and a bottle of water
5. Relax
6. Score a 30
7. ????

Reactions: 3 users
When you're taking the test, focus on doing just that because that's what you're there to do. Imagine your goal of the day as to COMPLETE the DAT test and not to get a certain score. It'll help ease any doubtful thoughts of "omg I'm going to fail" or "I think I'm gonna have to retake".

1. Wear your favorite shirt. (I have a "test" shirt).
2. Get your 8+ hours
3. Eat some breakfast
4. Bring a snack and a bottle of water
5. Relax
6. Score a 30
7. ????
I'm printing an "Ain't nobody got time for DAT" shirt specifically for the DAT

Good luck OP! You got this :)

Don't drink an enormous amount of water during the test. Don't forget to bring water!