DAT just taken. Low Reading. Please give advice

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

SoulforSeoul

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone,
i have just finished with the DAT and the following is my score

PAT: 20
QR: 20
Reading: 15
Bio: 22
Gen: 20
Orgo: 24
TS: 22
AA: 20

My science and overall GPA are 3.89 and 3.90, respectively.
English is my second language. Does that 15 restrict my chance for interviews and acceptance?
Do I have to retake it?
Is there anyone getting an interview with my current status except low reading ?
Thank you.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Congratulations!

With those high science scores and your high GPA it shows you are a very hard working student. Yes your reading is low but I have seen students get accepted with a low reading score when English is a 2nd language. When on the interview they convinced the interviewer they would not have a problem keeping up with the grueling dental school 1 year schedule.

I think it is important you contact the schools and give them your stats. But your question is do I think you will get an interview, yes but it depends on where you are applying.

I can't stress enough the importance of a strong personal statement, this is the door opener to the interview.

BTW, can you post your score report.

Nancy

Last edited:
Not to put you down or anything, but your AA is calculated to be 20 with that Reading score incorporated ...

Here is the reference for the AA calculation: http://datbootcamp.com/classroom/full-length/academic-average-calculator/

Still, i think you did great overall !! Schools should be understanding of your situation. but you should probably call each school about thier cutoffs and hear their response. Your GPA is stellar, so that could make up for it.

Sent from my SM-N910V using SDN mobile

Reactions: 1 users
Did you typo? It should be a 20 AA. The TS is nice and i'm sure you can explain that english is your second language. Awesome GPAs btw.