DAT Materials - Credibility of Authors?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

smiledoc1

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, so I have gathered some materials for my DAT prep including the destroyer which everyone seemed to recommend. However I am feeling a bit discouraged after looking into the credentials of so-called "Dr.Jim Romano" I could find no evidence of such doctor actually existing, and his social media account looks very sketchy. Maybe he uses a fake name? Anyway, the profane language he uses in interaction with others on his account is frankly quite shocking. Not what I would expect from a (self-proclaimed, at least) highly trained academic. Can anyone verify his credibility? Kinda regretting buying his stuff.

Members don't see this ad.

He’s a real person and that’s his real name. His academic credentials are irrelevant as his material is the best for the job. In person he’s even more rough than he is on social media but you don’t need him to be your friend. Just ignore all that and focus on studying.

I can verify that he promptly responded to all of my DAT questions (for free) in the Official DAT Destroyer Q&A Thread in the DAT Discussions forum 2 years ago when I was studying for it. He's pretty legit.

A lot of older adults have their own quirks that you may or may not like, it's life lol

I had gotten a B- in both semesters of organic chemistry (while managing to learn zero), so I knew I had to kill the orgo section on the DAT. The DAT Destroyer's organic chemistry section single-handedly helped me score a 30 on that section, and I've recommend that book to literally everyone since then.