DAT Math Study AIds

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Ambasol

15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi- Just wondering what the general consensus was on the best math study guides out there. The Kaplan book seems to do a fine job on the arithmatic and algebra but what about the geometry and trig (havent had since high school)? Is there a cliff-notes- type trig review and geometry review that anyone would suggest? Or is the Kaplan material pretty sufficient on these two topics?
Thanks again for all of the helpful posts and Good Luck to everyone in 3 weeks!!!!

Members don't see this ad.

Hi Ambasol,

I would recommend "Math Smart II" by Princeton Review. It covers algebra, trig, geometry and word problems real well. Kaplan is too basic i believe, and too hard for the trig part. Math Smart is just right.

I have a TON of other materials for DAT preparation as well. Please PM me or email me if you are interested.

DesiDentist

I recommand the GRE books, and SAT II MATH IC books . They have good practices for you. Either PR or Kaplan are fine. You can find them in all of the major bookstores.

Members don't see this ad :)
I actually liked the Math section from the Barron's DAT prep book. They give you a step-by-step strategy for some of the common DAT-type math problems. The only problem is that they don't give you enough practice problems to work on.

Learn what an arcsin is. I did great on th math section, but I still have no idea how to explain an arcsin. Oh well, I guess I'll never have to learn either.:)