DAT next week is there time for a retake?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

shiftypoptart

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was just wondering... I have my DAT next weds and was wondering if things dont go as planned would there still be enough time to take a retake for this cycle? Not saying they are gunna but guess i like the comfort of a plan B. I think the earliest I can retake would be like mid october.

Members don't see this ad.

thats mad late dude. i think anything after september is pushing it. unless you have a stellar gpa or DAT score the 2nd time around, but who am i to say! you can always try and see how it goes! goodluck either way!

i also think, go into the test with the mindset that there is no 2nd chance. pressure on. Study your ass if ONCE and try to get it in the bag. I know sometimes things dont always work out, but pretend you only have one shot, so work your ass off and dont go into the real DAT until you think you'll own it. Maybe if you dont feel ready and are contemplating taking it again just push it back until you feel secure, because it seems you'll only have one shot for this cycle anyway, DAT wise because october seems late since it takes a few weeks to process your scores too

dont really do well under pressure, I started hyperventalating last night when I imagined myself in front of the computer screen. But that's just nerves getting the best of me. Took a few practice tests to calm myself down this morning and now im better. I've been studying for the past few months on/off and dedicated the last month and 1/2 to intense studying hopefully im ready but with these test, especially bio section, you can get exactly what you studied or get screwed over.

I decided to just take it easy for the next couple days before my exam and go over stuff that is most likely to show up. I mean if I don't get in its not the end of the world, it sucks definitely but its not the end of the world.