DAT no show or bad grade? Please help asap

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Gradtodent

5+ Year Member
2+ Year Member
Reaction score
My dat eligibility period expires on the 28th. I have not yet signed up for a DAT because I was trying to get an extension but they just denied it today. I can still sign up for a test for the 27th but I obviously won't be as ready as I would have been later. Would you recommend taking it and giving it my best shot and taking it again in 3 months so I have an idea of what the test is like? Or would you recommend not taking it and just paying the fees again for a whole new test? If i don't sign up for a test and if i don't take it this time, will it still count as one of my three attempts? Any advice/help is appreciated, thank you!

Members don't see this ad.

Would you recommend taking it to get an idea of what the test is like or just not showing up?

I have been studying since January but I am also enrolled in a masters program so not regularly and my eligibility expires on February 28th

I just feel bad wasting the money without any reason so I wanted to check with people on sdn

Members don't see this ad :)
dont take the DaT just to "see what its like". bad idea. schools can see every attempt you take and will either average your scores or take only your most recent attempt, whether yo did better on it or not. take the Dat after you've studied a sufficient amount of time and when you feel ready

Would you recommend taking it to get an idea of what the test is like or just not showing up?

I would not recommend taking it as an experiment. Prepare first so you only have to take it once. Practice material gives you a pretty good idea what the test is like, you don't need to risk a low score just for that.

Okay thank you guys. I didn't sign up for the test. I'll pay again and sign up for one when I am ready.

Okay thank you guys. I didn't sign up for the test. I'll pay again and sign up for one when I am ready.

You really won't regret that decision! Don't take the test until you start to repeatedly nail your goal scores, or higher, on the practice tests (ie: Bootcamp). Best of luck!