DAT Ochem Bicyclo compounds nomenculature

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

hope786

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

I am taking my DAT in three weeks. I have gone through Chad's videos twice, DAT Destroyer once, 2 Bootcamp tests (got 21, 20), one qvault (26) and doing horribly on CDP (16, 17, 17). Which resource is most representative of real DAT? And what is the difficulty level of questions? Coz I saw some really crazy questions such as naming of Bicyclo compounds, random lab technique questions I never heard of, in DAT destroyer.

Can somebody please help me, I am freaking out as the test date is approaching?

Members don't see this ad.

Solomons and DAT Destroyer 2014 edition have bicyclo naming in it. If you want more practice naming bicyclo, Solomons has good problems.

I took the DAT about 2 months ago....Ive taken it twice. The resource that I felt was most representative of the DAT is DAT Destroyer. Know the book inside and out and you will do fine. Check out my breakdown, first time I took it 17 AA without DAT Destroyer, next time 23 AA with 25 TS (with DAT Destroyer). For reading Kaplan was fine. I used these as my primary resources and supplemented with Wade textbook for Organic Chemistry (which does have bicyclo naming), Chang for General Chemistry and Campbells for Biology.

Some of those random difficult questions could show up on the DAT, might be the difference from a good and a great score. Good Luck!

http://forums.studentdoctor.net/threads/17aa-to-a-23-aa-retake-8-18-14.1093602/

Members don't see this ad :)
I took the DAT about 2 months ago....Ive taken it twice. The resource that I felt was most representative of the DAT is DAT Destroyer. Know the book inside and out and you will do fine. Check out my breakdown, first time I took it 17 AA without DAT Destroyer, next time 23 AA with 25 TS (with DAT Destroyer). For reading Kaplan was fine. I used these as my primary resources and supplemented with Wade textbook for Organic Chemistry (which does have bicyclo naming), Chang for General Chemistry and Campbells for Biology.

Some of those random difficult questions could show up on the DAT, might be the difference from a good and a great score. Good Luck!

http://forums.studentdoctor.net/threads/17aa-to-a-23-aa-retake-8-18-14.1093602/
Thanks a lot matardug, I read your break down. Gosh! awesome comeback. Congrats.

Organic chemistry by Wade has lots of questions on Bicyclo's if you are looking for some practice material. Destroyer 2014 has multiple choice questions on it.

Also I have question regarding PAT section. I took 10 CDP tests and consistently scored 18-20. Also took two BC tests so far and got 18 on both. Which one is more representative of the actual PAT? I am kinda worried about my practice scores.

No problem! Good luck on your upcoming test, don't slack these next 3 weeks and pound destroyer problems.....youll do great!

Reactions: 1 user