DAT on 9/11/09....late breakdown

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

TerpFan

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Bio: I used Destroyer (from 2007), class notes, Kaplan subject tests and TopScore. Topscore: 22, 23, 22

Chem: Used Destroyer, class notes, Chad's videos (amazing!), Kaplan BB, and Kaplan subject tests. I know how everyone kept saying that a lot of answers are set up and a lot of them are conceptual, well I must have had some weird version of the exam because I had exactly ONE answer that was set up, the rest I had to solve and only TWO that were pure conceptual problems. Everything else involved a lot of calculation. Topscore: 21, 22, 22

OChem: Destroyer, class notes, Kaplan BB and Kaplan subject tests. Topscore: 19, 19, 21

PAT: Used CDP. This was always a strong point for me so I didn't do all the test. Just did a test once in a while to keep it fresh in my mind. CDP: 20, 20, 23, 24, 21, 24, 25

RC: I've always been a very fast reader so I didn't study for this at all. I had Cell Communication, Aspirin and Piano. Honestly, piano is not bad, its just annoying to read through. What I did was just skim thru and write down the paragraph number and one word that it was about (ex. 3-strings, 5-pedals, etc.) so when I had a question about pedals, I went straight to paragraph 5 and read through it really quick. TopScore: 26, 25, 25

QR: I SUCK at math so this was expected. But I was still doing better on practice exams. I used Destroyer. DAT questions are MUCH harder than the destroyer. TopScore: 18, 18, 19

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
I know how you feel! I am in the same boat. I applied and paid for everything already and I am stunned with my scores. My problem was anxiety, lack of sleep the night before, and did not practiced full length tests. I am going to ride out this cycle with the scores that I got because I already applied and will retake in December. I am thinking that if I get one or two interviews in January (second or third round), I will have the new scores to show the dental schools. If it is too late then the new scores will be used next year. My main concentration will be QR and PAT which I think will be easy to bring up, just need to practice more under timing pressure. Good luck!

Last edited:
lol I remember the days when 18s were all over the place on SDN. Now four years later anything lower than a 21 is frowned upon. I guess that's a good thing becuase it encourages people on here to shoot for 21+. But its still nice to see people who score 18 like you still post their scores, and im sure a TON of more people on here has received that same score this cycle (but are just ashmed to post).

Bump. Anyone else? Anyone with similar scores get interviews?

Members don't see this ad :)
according to ADA 17 is an average score...but lets cross out fingers and hope things go well. Best of luck

I guess people with 18s should not be shamed of themselves. Everybody knows how much they put into the test and shouldn't complain about the score. :)

lol I remember the days when 18s were all over the place on SDN. Now four years later anything lower than a 21 is frowned upon. I guess that's a good thing becuase it encourages people on here to shoot for 21+. But its still nice to see people who score 18 like you still post their scores, and im sure a TON of more people on here has received that same score this cycle (but are just ashmed to post).