DAT online sources

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

hasanein4u

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
This is my first topic in the forums
I would like to know if there is any free online software or websites or anything that could be useful because I'm gonna take the DAT this summer

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

datqvault has a free benchmark exam...dont know how close it is in terms of difficulty compared to real DATs, but it definitely cant hurt to get some practice questions under your belt

I did find some free stuff, didn't work for me as much as I wanted. For chemistry I did use chemguy. Visit chemguy.com, and then you donate like $10 with credit card, and the you get instant access to hundreds of general chemistry videos. He isnt a DAT instructor, just a chemistry prof from canada. Hos videos are excellent. I scored 23 on gchem just with his videos.

For the rest of the sections, I used flashcard exchange ($20). Basically a huge database of flashcards for just about anything (all science sections of DAT included). You can even make your own. I also bought the Kaplan blue book from AMAZON for $40 to study all sections. Barron's DAT is another fairly cheap sources bough used for $7.

Don't buy the crackdat version with science. It's sper expensive and the science questions are super difficult (way harder than actual DAT). Crack DAT PAT is superb, about $70 or $90 (one of the two)

As far as math and reading goes, reading you can't really teach yourself how to read any better in a few months, so don't waste your time. Math, use math section from Kaplan bkue book, Barron's DAT, or if you want extra, crack DAT math. Crack DAT math was pretty good, although it costs another $70. The real math section I thought was easier than crack DAT math.

I know I didn't really mention anything free. I just used cheaper sources of study material. It is alot better than paying hundreds (or thousands) of dollars for some dumb kaplan class. I ended up purchasing crackdat 3 weeks before my DAT. Best decision I ever made for math and pat.

DAT breakdown:

PAT 24 (Crack DAT pat)
QR 21
RC 19 (meh....didnt really practice)
BIO 23 (Kaplan, barrons)
GC 23 (chemguy)
OC 27 (Only by Kaplan blue book!)
TS 24
AA 23

Hope this helps!

Know everything I mentioned is not free, but the cost is far lower than paying over a thousand dollars fr some measly class.

Hey man! If you are looking for some free practice questions, I compiled a list at my blog:

Acedat.blogspot.com

Hope you find it helpful!
Good luck!