DAT Over...Chances?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

CubbieDentist

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I just finished taking the DAT, my scores are:

PAT - 20
Bio - 18
Gen Chem - 22
Orgo - 23
TS - 21
QR - 16 :(
RC - 19
AA - 20

My GPA is solid at 3.73 and I am a Molecular and Cellular Biology major with a minor in Business Administration.

I really want to go to UIC dental school. I'm above the averages on everything, so I'm wondering if I should take this again.

What do you guys think?

Members don't see this ad.

PAT - 20
Bio - 18
Gen Chem - 22
Orgo - 23
TS - 21
RC - 19
AA - 20

My GPA is solid at 3.73 and I am a Molecular and Cellular Biology major with a minor in Business Administration.

I really want to go to UIC dental school. I'm above the averages on everything, so I'm wondering if I should take this again.

What do you guys think?

Solid scores all around - too bad about the 16QR, although the QR is commonly regarded as the least important section. Your stats seem to indicate you will get in somewhere, but if you really want to go to UIC, call them up and find out from them directly what they think you should do. You should be able to get a hold of someone in the admission's office who may be able to give you some advice on your particular situation. If you live close by, its an even better idea to see if you can make an appointment to go in and meet with someone from admissions. If you have to take it over, well at least you have plenty of time to prepare and take it sometime this summer.

PAT - 20
Bio - 18
Gen Chem - 22
Orgo - 23
TS - 21
RC - 19
AA - 20

What do you guys think?

I think that you should be fine. Again, like the last poster said, call the schools and ask them what they think. I don't think you have anything to worry about personally, just write good personal statements and apply early and you should be great.

Like you pointed out, you are above average gpa in a good major and your DAT score is just above average also, I don't see why you wouldn't get accepted to quite a few schools. Good Luck

yeah, i sure hope so. I mean I definitely do not want to take it again. So I'm just gonna ask the schools what they think. But I'm sure I can get in to a few schools. applying to 15 schools is a lot man.

Applying early is key for sure, but 15 schools seems like a lot. But I guess I'll have to.