DAT PAT TFE

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

deehov

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
God forbid i was ever to work on a tooth of this shape lmao but in all honesty can someone explain this one to me.. like i can tell for sure there all going in and the outermost is for sure going in farthest but other than how would i know second to last and what parts would be solid -__-

Members don't see this ad.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2016-07-31 at 1.15.29 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2016-07-31 at 1.15.29 AM.png
    189.3 KB · Views: 121
Members don't see this ad :)
Okay so the answer is D. I am going to try and explain it in the best way I can. TFE is definitely hard they take a ton of practice. The way I looked at it is you can't see the diagonals because they are below a solid line so if you were to draw a line straight up from the diagonals in the front view they would be dotted because they are underneath a solid line. So from that I was able to eliminate A and C. I then looked at the end view and if you draw the event line up from the little box you run into a solid line. Solid lines always win against dotted lines. So I was able to see that the middle box would be seen in the top view. Going back to the front view if you look at the middle sized box in the middle it is directly on top of the solid line. So imagine looking at the top of the figure you would be able to see the depression of the middle box so that is why the middle box is seen at the top. Not sure if I did a good job explaining it and I'm not sure if I'm technically correct on how I looked at it but thats how I got it was D.

Reactions: 2 users
Okay so the answer is D. I am going to try and explain it in the best way I can. TFE is definitely hard they take a ton of practice. The way I looked at it is you can't see the diagonals because they are below a solid line so if you were to draw a line straight up from the diagonals in the front view they would be dotted because they are underneath a solid line. So from that I was able to eliminate A and C. I then looked at the end view and if you draw the event line up from the little box you run into a solid line. Solid lines always win against dotted lines. So I was able to see that the middle box would be seen in the top view. Going back to the front view if you look at the middle sized box in the middle it is directly on top of the solid line. So imagine looking at the top of the figure you would be able to see the depression of the middle box so that is why the middle box is seen at the top. Not sure if I did a good job explaining it and I'm not sure if I'm technically correct on how I looked at it but thats how I got it was D.
Solid job. If OP still wants another interpretation I'll post one.

Reactions: 1 users

Thank you so much
This cleared it up <3

Reactions: 1 user
Unrelated, but PartyNextDoor's album comes out August 12th so you should be hyped about that!

Reactions: 1 user
God forbid i was ever to work on a tooth of this shape lmao but in all honesty can someone explain this one to me.. like i can tell for sure there all going in and the outermost is for sure going in farthest but other than how would i know second to last and what parts would be solid -__-

I tried my best to show how there's three types of holes. It helps me to draw some of them out and to practice how I would see things from different views. There's three types of holes :
1. | |
2. \ /
3. / \

Look at the image I attached. I'm working on TFE right now too. :) my tip for this section is to look at 1 thing in one view and guided by the dotted lines and solid, imagine how it would look from the view they ask, .. If all the answers have that one little detail correct, then look at another detail.. It could be a little square.. Look at the length and width of squares/big shapes that stand out.. To know the length and width you have to see at least 2 views, then look at the choices and that eliminates answers. I don't imagine the whole thing in 3D because that takes too long, but try to get the major outline of the figure and compare the widths of the shapes..message me. I have a video that could come in handy.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    83.6 KB · Views: 73