DAT percent tile!!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Mr. T

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was just wondering about what % tile others fell in on their DATs and PAT. My score was 23 and 23. Both were in the 99% tile. What was yours?

Members don't see this ad.

Yeah, I got a 22 PAT and that was 97.6%, and my academic was 21 and that was 95%ish??? My gen chem and orgo were both 25 and were both 99%.

Why does it seem like everyone on this forum gets 90% and above?? Sometimes I feel that everyone visiting this forum is soooo smart. Makes me feel good about the path I have chosen:D

Members don't see this ad :)
Academic = 99.9%
PAT = 99.6%

hey juan your a bruin? man you have freaking good stats. what year are you? do i know you? im the same major as you. Weird....what else have you done outside of your studies?

Hey Mr. T,

I'm gonna be a 5th year. Super senior baby!!! :)
I have 2 quarters left.
Other stuff I've done: Research for over 2 years
volunteered at dental clinic 1.5 years

What year are you? Maybe I had classes with you.

Im a 4th year. ive taken 101 and 102 last year but i still have 185 and 159 left. Maybe i did have class with you. Im taking 185 this fall. Are you? Anyhow...your gonna get in everywhere. if you got into harvard and ucla where would you go? and why?

I've taken 185 already. Cool class but alot of work. I still need to take 159 in the winter. I would choose ucla b/c its close to home and I will be saving alot of money. Plus ucla has a really good dental program so its not like i'll miss anything if i didn't go to harvard.

Portlander,
I've got a few theories that address your questions about the seemingly high percentage of predental folks on this forum who report getting high DAT scores. I would surmise that your observation is likely true for the following reasons. Calculating that at least 5000 people take the DAT this cycle (a very conservative estimate) would result in at least 500 folks falling into the 90th percentile and above. How many current dental school applicants do you figure contribute to this fourm on a regular basis? I'll say maybe 50. That means that a maximum of 1% of all current dental school applicants contribute to this forum. I would say that those who comprize that 1% are very dedicated in achieving their goal. So, I am not surprized that the contributors to this forum tend to have high DAT scores.

I like that theory. We are all geniuses, right?

More likley, hard workers, which is the key trait of most successful folks.