DAT pressure on International student...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

kkim85

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I wrote DAT for the first time in June 2009.... I applied to 9 different schools this year but.. I only got two interviews and I was placed on the waiting list for both....

Both school said the same thing to me. They said that my DAT scores are not competitive enough.....

My DAT scores were

19 Bio
17 GC
22 OC
19 RC
18 QR
20 PA
-------
19AA/19TS/20PA

Well to be honest, I didn't put a lot of efforts in to my first trial... I only studied 2 weeks prior to DAT because I was pretty confident that I could score 20 on each section after reading the Kaplan book.

Now, I hear from a lot of friends also people here at SDN saying that I need at least 20 on each section to be qualified as a competitive applicant (I have 3.7 GPAs btw)....

As of right now, I wish I had lower DAT scores because I don't think I can improve that much from 19.... I mean I don't think there's much difference between 19 and 20.... so What should I do? Should I just go ahead and write DAT again or just keep the scores and improve other things on my application...

Thx in advance for the advice.

Members don't see this ad.

다시 한번 쳐 보세요.
19점은 너무 낮아요.
요즘은 22-23aa/ts 정도는 나와줘야 괜찮은데 가거든요.