1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, be sure to check out How To Get Into Dental School, our free downloadable PDF with step-by-step details for dental school applicants!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice
  4. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Hey Texans—join us for a DFW meetup! Click here to learn more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

DAT Question

Discussion in 'Pre-Dental' started by agutier3, May 26, 2002.

1. agutier3

agutier3 The City By the Bay
    7+ Year Member

I read a post awhile back saying that leaving a question marked on the DAT will automatically count it as wrong. Is this true? :confused:

Arby

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. cusp of carabelli

10+ Year Member

do you mean unmarked?

4. DesiDentist

DesiDentist G. S. Khurana, DMD, MBA
    Moderator Emeritus Exhibitor 10+ Year Member

Dentist
    agutier3,

I understand your concern. However, I believe that post was an error. Since the DAT is a computerized exam the test is "user-friendly" so to speak because you can mark questions. Rather than running back in the last 30 seconds and try to find unanswered questions it will take you directly to the question you marked. So it will save you time. If you leave a question blank but marked it will be wrong. However if you answer a question but feel unsure about your answer it is a good bet to mark it just in case you have some time. If you run out of time then the answer you filled in will be counted. Hope this helps.

DesiDentist

5. ItsGavinC

Dentist Moderator Emeritus 15+ Year Member

Dentist
    Arby,

That post you are referring to was in response to some comments made about the TopScore Pro CD -- which counts a question wrong if you mark it and then don't unmark it before finishing the exam (even if you chose the correct answer).

- G

6. agutier3

agutier3 The City By the Bay
    7+ Year Member

Whew....thanks everyone for clearing up my confusion. I left a ton of questions marked on the DAT. That makes me feel better. :D

Arby