Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Dismiss Notice
Hey Texans—join us for a DFW meetup! Click here to learn more.

DAT Question.

Discussion in 'Pre-Dental' started by Pre-Dent-David, Dec 10, 2002.

1. Pre-Dent-David

Pre-Dent-David Super Hero
    7+ Year Member

I am a freshman, but I was kinda of wanting to get my hands on a sample dat just to see what's on it and to practice some parts like the PAT and a couple other things. Should I just get the kaplan stuff?

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. djsux

djsux Member
    7+ Year Member

Cheapest way is to hop down to your local bookstore for the afternoon and veg in front of a practice DAT using the Baron's or the Kaplan book. Oh yeah, there's also a practice DAT (not full-length) in the DAT registration packet).

Mid-range is to buy the Baron's. It's has errors and the Bio section is a bit tough to read, but it'll give your some practice. I think the book is $20 or something.

Best way if you want to get some hands on is to get the Topscore CD and practice with those. It's probably the same price as the Kaplan book, but the tests will simulate what the real exam is like. It's around $40 I believe.

I'm sure some other peeps on this board have better ideas. The way I actually prepped for the exam was I bought the Kaplan book, read through. Skimmed the Baron's. Took the Topscore exams and the one in practice book.

cheers mate...