DAT questions are out....IT IS NOT FAIR

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

nickole

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello Everybody:

We see every day in student doctor website students take DAT and score very well. When you look at their record, they have terrible GPA but get nearly perfect score on DAT.

I THINK IT IS TIME FOR ALL OF US TO CALL ADA AND COMPLAIN ABOUT THIS MATTER. HERE IS THE NUMBER FOR ADA AND ASK TO SPEAK WITH THE DIRECTOR : (800)232-2162

IT IS NOT FAIR FOR THESE CHEATERS TO HAVE THE ACTUAL DAT QUESTIONS AND TAKE OUR SPAce in dental school.

Members don't see this ad.

I see you posted this in the pre-dent forum too. Are you jealous or something?

Do you have any idea what the odds of a question posted here being on a future DAT are? Slim to none. There are so many ways to word a single question that it's highly unlikely we'll see exact repeated questions often.

And where do they get actual DAT questions from? I don't remember a single question from the DAT version I took. I didn't remember the questions the next day. People ask questions that they get from study guides, not the DAT.

P.S. Consider brushing up on your English skills before you enter dental school.

some ppl goto schools that are really hard... which explains the lower GPA.
and there are a lot more ppl who have just average scores here. I havent taken the DAT yet but this site has been really really helpful to me in understanding somethings.
THANKS SDN

btw nice scores Streetwolf

Members don't see this ad :)

Do you have any idea what the odds of a question posted here being on a future DAT are? Slim to none. There are so many ways to word a single question that it's highly unlikely we'll see exact repeated questions often.

And where do they get actual DAT questions from? I don't remember a single question from the DAT version I took. I didn't remember the questions the next day. People ask questions that they get from study guides, not the DAT.

P.S. Consider brushing up on your English skills before you enter dental school.

Everybody knows ADA is lazy and we should all call and complain. It is time for ADA to replace It's present director with a new one:rolleyes:

DAT questions may or may not be out. BUT you can't make a blanket statement on people with bad gpa's scoring high on the DAT. These people may not apply themselves in class. Does not mean they don't know their ****. How about people with high gpa's scoring low on the DAT? Does it mean that they cheated in their classes? AND some schools and even professors are definitely harder than others....

Hello Everybody:

We see every day in student doctor website students take DAT and score very well. When you look at their record, they have terrible GPA but get nearly perfect score on DAT.

I THINK IT IS TIME FOR ALL OF US TO CALL ADA AND COMPLAIN ABOUT THIS MATTER. HERE IS THE NUMBER FOR ADA AND ASK TO SPEAK WITH THE DIRECTOR : (800)232-2162

IT IS NOT FAIR FOR THESE CHEATERS TO HAVE THE ACTUAL DAT QUESTIONS AND TAKE OUR SPAce in dental school.

The system is what is.....just roll with the system. You're only victimizing yourself. Just worry about wiping your own a$$ and you'll be fine.

Hello Everybody:

I can't believe that you have been around for so long and haven't picked up on how studying for a standardized exam works - grades and exam scores are two separate things. Another thing, if you call the "director" of ADA and tell him this, I think he might want some sort of concrete evidence of cheating...

There are people that have an awesome GPA and average DAT scores... it works both ways.

I did not mean people in general with low GPA are not smart enough. There are people that I know. That I have tutored. That I have taken courses with. That have not broken more than 20 in bio on any of the practice tests, that all of sudden score a perfect on the Bio on the DAT. If you were in my position you would think it strange. This is not me just venting, or being jealous. This affects all of us. When people are saying the dat is a joke, or the test is out there, or the constant "did you have the questions?" takes away from those that have worked hard to get into dental school.

I did not mean people in general with low GPA are not smart enough. There are people that I know. That I have tutored. That I have taken courses with. That have not broken more than 20 in bio on any of the practice tests, that all of sudden score a perfect on the Bio on the DAT. If you were in my position you would think it strange. This is not me just venting, or being jealous. This affects all of us. When people are saying the dat is a joke, or the test is out there, or the constant "did you have the questions?" takes away from those that have worked hard to get into dental school.

I agree it would not be fair if the test was out there especially for people who study legit. But, to make that comment? I don't know man....I say just study and don't care about anything else that may be going on. I don't know how the director can change things unless they change the test completely. That would mean all of us who is studying for test now would be screwed and who would we have to blame?? YOU

I hope you realize the DAT is far easier than the practice tests. I was getting around 20s in the science subjects on all my practice tests and ended up with 25 bio, 27 orgo, and 27 gen chem on the real thing. IT WAS A LOT EASIER!

I also did not get any answers from SDN. Notice how my join date is 4 months after I took the DAT.

The system is what is.....just roll with the system. You're only victimizing yourself. Just worry about wiping your own a$$ and you'll be fine.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: , WOW!!, This is the funniest stuff I heard in a while!! Is this person serious? Complaining about a site that helps people do well on the test!! Just because people didnt do good in college for some odd reason doesnt mean they shouldnt pursue their career, what gives you the right to say that they are not suitable for dentistry. They are actually trying unlike you, who is just complaining. The time you spend making this thread, should've been the time studying.

Also, why do you even care, you are already in NOVA

My $0.02 cents on this is, Jealousy is bad, stay away from it!!

I agree it would not be fair if the test was out there especially for people who study legit. But, to make that comment? I don't know man....I say just study and don't care about anything else that may be going on. I don't know how the director can change things unless they change the test completely. That would mean all of us who is studying for test now would be screwed and who would we have to blame?? YOU

This is exactly why i got upset in a thread earlier when this topic was brought up.

Members don't see this ad :)
Wait a minute!

I am kind of glad this poster posted, because if someone like this can get into Nova, why CAN'T I?! Adcoms definitely missed something here!

anyhow, i guess i better go "study" for the DAT. and by study i mean get dressed and go to work, and by get dressed and go to work, i mean sleep, and by sleep i mean CHEATING!! MUUAAHWAHAHA!

Who's fault is that? The "cheater" or the ppl who post those questions? And give credits for the person you tutored. Do you really think he/she got a perfect score on bio becaue of SDN? And people, don't give out the questions or ask what was on your test.

I agree, why the hell do you care? Just do what you gotta do and get your dental degree... That and get a life. I can predict in your future that you will be the type of person that looks out the window and calls the cops on some kids skating. Mind your own business for gods sake.

Hello Everybody:

When you look at their record, they have terrible GPA but get nearly perfect score on DAT.

This is such a shallow statement: are you saying there is a correlation between grade point average and DAT scores? There is no proof of this.

No thanks Nickole.... I will leave that up to you.

Did someone take your spot at a school you wanted to attend? You sound bitter.

I agree, why the hell do you care? Just do what you gotta do and get your dental degree... That and get a life. I can predict in your future that you will be the type of person that looks out the window and calls the cops on some kids skating. Mind your own business for gods sake.

I like your Avatar!!! Lol, you know I try not to fall down stairs but for some reason...just can't figure it out you know...every time I try to go down them...moral of the story, I live in a one story :D

lol so true

Its a big conspiracy! SDN members are trying to keep others out of dental school...................... mwahahahahahahahahahahaha :laugh: mwahahahahahahahahahahaha:laugh: shhhh keep it on the down low!

I have a low GPA , but I've been stydying my a$$ off for the past 4 months to take the DAT's , the reason i had a low GPA is because I'm never had support from ANYBODY to support myself while going to school. So my gpa doen't equal my intellectual abilities. I guess if I score above a 20 in the DAT's that means I've cheated??, I feel like throwing up when I read this kind of threads. DO YOU EVEN KNOW HOW THE DAT WORKS???, there are thousands and thousands of questions that a computer system at the testing center picks exclusively for your test, this explains why some people who come to this site swear that some sections were easier than other and vice versa. To play devils advocate though, i have heard from sources the ADA keeps the same tests for 3 months , changes questions only every 90 days, I guess anything is possible.......:laugh: :laugh:

=!

anyhow, i guess i better go "study" for the DAT. and by study i mean get dressed and go to work, and by get dressed and go to work, i mean sleep, and by sleep i mean CHEATING!! MUUAAHWAHAHA!

i like you!!!! i needed a good laugh...my day is much better because of that

Listen... even if there ARE cheaters and I'm sure that it is somehow possible to cheat and those who are hell bent on doing it will be able to do so, it still is going to be a very small minority of people. Then when they do get into dental school they will spend all this money on tuition, fail miserably because they don't know how to study and be forced to drop out. Now they are in terrible debt and won't be able to find a job because they GPA was ****ty to begin with. Karma.

I have a low GPA , but I've been stydying my a$$ off for the past 4 months to take the DAT's , the reason i had a low GPA is because I'm never had support from ANYBODY to support myself while going to school. So my gpa doen't equal my intellectual abilities. I guess if I score above a 20 in the DAT's that means I've cheated??, I feel like throwing up when I read this kind of threads. DO YOU EVEN KNOW HOW THE DAT WORKS???, there are thousands and thousands of questions that a computer system at the testing center picks exclusively for your test, this explains why some people who come to this site swear that some sections were easier than other and vice versa. To play devils advocate though, i have heard from sources the ADA keeps the same tests for 3 months , changes questions only every 90 days, I guess anything is possible.......:laugh: :laugh:

I second that danbarr....so f*cked up!

A perfect score in Bio and with that many people? Are you sure? The frequency tables from Jan to June 2006 shows 2 out of 2600 with a score of 30. There were 6 with 28, and 8 with 26. In your cases it may be more a matter of luck than a strange occurrence. Incidentally, for 2004 only 2 out of 9778 had a score of 30. Chances are the numbers would be similar for 2005 and 2006.

I have a bachelor's in English, and I was about to state the same thing :idea:. I never understood why people, when writing online, automatically assume that capitalizing hordes of words will increase the likely-hood of others taking you seriously.

I can picture nickole, spazzing out and breaking into a massive sweat as she hits the caps lock button on her keyboard. Calm done girl, it will be ok.

I have a bachelor's in English, and I was about to state the same thing :idea:. I never understood why people, when writing online, automatically assume that capitalizing hordes of words will increase the likely-hood of others taking you seriously.

I can picture nickole, spazzing out and breaking into a massive sweat as she hits the caps lock button on her keyboard. Calm done girl, it will be ok.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

my thoughts exactly

911: 911 dispatch.

Nickole: Yes, I'd like to report three suspicious black juvenilles asking for donations to the American Negro College Fund.

WOW, I never usually respond to this kind of stuff on here, but my blood pressure is sky rocketing right now.

Nickole - did you every consider the fact that those people with lower GPAs often have very high DAT scores simply because they realize that they need a good DAT score to make up for a low GPA?!?! In fact, I'd be willing to bet that on average, applicants with lower GPAs spend more time and energy studying for the DAT than those students who know they have a solid GPA to fall on....
This doesn't go for everyone but I guarantee its very much true...

So why don't you stop waisting time on here and go study for your DATs so that you wont have to be worried about other "less qualified" applicants taking your spot...

WOW, I never usually respond to this kind of stuff on here, but my blood pressure is sky rocketing right now.

Nickole - did you every consider the fact that those people with lower GPAs often have very high DAT scores simply because they realize that they need a good DAT score to make up for a low GPA?!?! In fact, I'd be willing to bet that on average, applicants with lower GPAs spend more time and energy studying for the DAT than those students who know they have a solid GPA to fall on....
This doesn't go for everyone but I guarantee its very much true...

So why don't you stop waisting time on here and go study for your DATs so that you wont have to be worried about other "less qualified" applicants taking your spot...

haha, thats the sad thing...she's already been accepted to NOVA

The tone of the OP is pretty stupid......but it does bring to mind some things. Why isnt there a greater variety of questions. Why arent the questions shuffled between tests. Ive heard from multiple people about there being 5 different DAT tests. I am not sure if this is true or not. Youd think they could switch numbers around on some problems without increasing the difficulty factor but at least keep some people honest.

I imagine theres some frats out there that might keep track of things like standardized test questions. If it is in fact changed up.....then I guess Im wasting my time typing this and I apoligize.

Personally though i am a low GPA person who has been studying the DAT to death and I hope to be one of those people who pisses off the OP by having a low gpa and still getting in :)