• Scariest Story Contest

Now that it's getting close to Halloween, we're running a contest to hear your scariest stories! These can be scary stories that you've experienced or stories that you've heard and the story with the most reactions will win!

JOIN CONTEST

DAT re-write after acceptance

who knows...

10+ Year Member
Jun 15, 2006
NYC
  1. Dental Student
    Hi guys...

When I was applying during the summer, I also registered to re-write the DAT (even though I really didn't want to, I thought my first scores were good but I was scared because they just hit the two year mark this october and at many schools, the scores become invalid after two years)...

Anyways, I kept delaying the DAT and now I have it set for the end of December....but the thing is, I already got one acceptance and I am thrilled about that thank God!!!

Now, in the case that I do re-write the DAT, my scores will be automatically sent to all the schools (including the one where I got accepted)...the only reason I want to give it a shot is to see if I can hear anything from another school that is much closer to me than the one I was accepted at...

If I do worse on the DAT, can they take back the acceptance?? :scared:

Albuterol

10+ Year Member
    7+ Year Member
    Dec 14, 2007
    North Jersey
    1. Resident [Any Field]
      do u not want to go to the school u got accepted at? if not then study hard and improve your scores. If i were you, i'd cancel my DAT, pay the deposit, and chillllll till next fall. You're going to be a D1 somewhere!!

About the Ads

who knows...

10+ Year Member
      Jun 15, 2006
      NYC
      1. Dental Student
        do u not want to go to the school u got accepted at? if not then study hard and improve your scores. If i were you, i'd cancel my DAT, pay the deposit, and chillllll till next fall. You're going to be a D1 somewhere!!

I most definitely want to go :D but the proximity of the second school is very appealing...

Other than that, I want to do exactly what you just said lol

cobalt31

10+ Year Member
        7+ Year Member
        Apr 4, 2006
        MI
        1. Dentist
          i don't think you can... i tried changing some schools for my DAT earlier this year and they refused. they said once its submitted to them they can't change it. its worth trying to see if they can cancel it, but i wouldn't be surprised if they said no.

but either way, who cares if they get sent? its not like NYU will revoke your acceptance for retaking the DAT.

About the Ads
          This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
          2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
          3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
          4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
          5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
          6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
          7. This thread is locked.