DAT Reading Comprehension

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

RSD2014

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Besides the strategies people use, what are the sources used as practice for the reading comprehension section?

Has anyone used the LSAT, GRE, ACT reading passages for practice?
I noticed topscore passages had too many Search and destroy types of questions. I'm looking for practice sources that is a mixture of both rather than one or the other. If anyone knows of any great practice sources, please share.

Looking for practice sources that has :
Author's main idea.
From the passage, it can be inferred.
The author would most like agree with the following statements, EXCEPT.

Members don't see this ad.

Besides the strategies people use, what are the sources used as practice for the reading comprehension section?

I noticed topscore passages had too many Search and destroy types of questions. I'm looking for practice sources that is a mixture of both rather than one or the other. If anyone knows of any great practice sources, please share.

Author's main idea.

Kaplan's material/Achiever has a bunch of those questions.

However, personally when I took the DAT I found that the actual DAT RC section was extremely similar to topscore's - in that they asked a lot of detail oriented, direct questions. Having said that, I took the DAT about 7 months ago so it might have changed a little.. but I don't think they would have significantly increased the number of inference type questions in less than a year (in my opinion). ALSO, this doesn't mean that test didn't have ANY inference based questions.. they just had more of the specific kind!

Hope this helps and Good Luck!

Author's main idea.

Try out the Exam crackers 1001 passages for the MCAT...i did one exam and it was pretty good!