DAT results and places to apply advice

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

toothfairysupreme

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi guys!!!!

So just finished my dat and uploaded my scores. I have a 3.8 GPA and a 3.7 science GPA. 300 hours working/ interning at a general dentist and have kept a part time job for four years.

Realistic places to apply in CA?

Idk if that's enough or if I need to apply to more
image.jpeg

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Nice orgo and g chem! Your gpa is really good and a 20 isn't too bad (I'm a hypocrite because I'm retaking a 20 lol). My GPA is much worse than yours which is why I'm trying to compensate. None of your scores are too bad; you should probably apply to more (4 schools is very little lol) but I definitely think you have a shot!

Nice orgo and g chem! Your gpa is really good and a 20 isn't too bad (I'm a hypocrite because I'm retaking a 20 lol). My GPA is much worse than yours which is why I'm trying to compensate. None of your scores are too bad; you should probably apply to more (4 schools is very little lol) but I definitely think you have a shot!
Lol why are you retaking?!? Have you already applied with 20AA?

I'm applying this cycle. My GPA is 3.4 ogpa 3.3 sgpa and I feel like I might not get in. I'm not URM or anything either so I don't get any extra help ;(

Members don't see this ad :)
Most dat retakers end up with similar scores according to a study. So retaking a 20 is not my reccomended move.

As to OP,apply to all the schools you want. You have the average for most schools and while some schools with 20+ avg dats are harder to get into, a 20 won't disqualify you since it's a holistic review.

Reactions: 1 users
Lol because I know I choked xD. I'm doing my best to keep my nerves and do well. I had to have made stupid mistakes somewhere I know it already lol.

Most dat retakers end up with similar scores according to a study. So retaking a 20 is not my reccomended move.

As to OP,apply to all the schools you want. You have the average for most schools and while some schools with 20+ avg dats are harder to get into, a 20 won't disqualify you since it's a holistic review.
;)

Reactions: 1 users