Mar 2, 2010
Status
So I took the DAT on 3/19 and made 18AA and 19 PA and have decided to retake. I know there is a 90 day waiting period before you can retake, but when I went to sign up for a test date I was able to register for June 5. I received my DAT eligibility letter and everything from ADA, is this a mistake? Just wondering if anyone knew the answer.... everyone I have ever spoke to from ADA is rude so I'm trying to avoid calling them unless I absolutely have to. :p

azar87

MD 2 Be
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Apr 17, 2008
New York
Status
Medical Student
idk if they changed the rule or not which i doubt if you got the date for june 5th keep it my friend ur lucky although its not that much earlier than ur original 3 month date

MatthewLeeDDS

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Jan 5, 2009
Status
Dentist
Wow... that's really interesting. Part of me thinks that if it is their mistake, they'll accept whatever score you get since you "don't know any better". The other part of me thinks that they might invalidate your score when they realize the two dates are within 90 days of each other...

Probably worth a call to the big bad ADA

Avery07

SDN Lifetime Donor
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Jan 29, 2008
Status
Dentist
Wow... that's really interesting. Part of me thinks that if it is their mistake, they'll accept whatever score you get since you "don't know any better". The other part of me thinks that they might invalidate your score when they realize the two dates are within 90 days of each other...

Probably worth a call to the big bad ADA
Or you can wait it out and if you don't get a good score just say it was invalid and take it 2 weeks later! :laugh:

herkulease

10+ Year Member
Jan 23, 2009
Status
Pre-Dental
doesn't surprise me they messed up.

I had issues trying schedule a test date. they say wait 24 hours. I had to wait 72 hours before prometric received my info.