DAT retake, chance me please

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Futuredentist2332

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone
I took the DAT first week of September and scored a 18 AA with a 16 in organic chem. I got a 22 in RC and 20 on the PAT. Majority of the schools i contacted told me to retake it. I have already applied and sent in my applications, now schools are just waiting for my new DAT scores. I am planning to retake the DAT first week of December (90 days) for this current cycle. I know it's a bit late but i am interested only in private schools like NYU, Tufts, BostonU, etc. What do you guys think my chances are for these schools if i score well in December?
Thank you

Members don't see this ad.

Hi everyone
I took the DAT first week of September and scored a 18 AA with a 16 in organic chem. I got a 22 in RC and 20 on the PAT. Majority of the schools i contacted told me to retake it. I have already applied and sent in my applications, now schools are just waiting for my new DAT scores. I am planning to retake the DAT first week of December (90 days) for this current cycle. I know it's a bit late but i am interested only in private schools like NYU, Tufts, BostonU, etc. What do you guys think my chances are for these schools if i score well in December?
Thank you
What are your science GPA and overall GPA?

Also shadowing hours, community service/volunteer hours, etc.?

If those are strong, I think you should get some interview invites with those existing scores....but you are applying late....

What are your science GPA and overall GPA?

Also shadowing hours, community service/volunteer hours, etc.?

If those are strong, I think you should get some interview invites with those existing scores....but you are applying late....

Hi, my science GPA is ~3.0 and same with my overall. However i have a masters degree in which i took medical/dental school courses and obtained a 3.5 GPA in that. I have strong LORs from 3 of my graduate school professors. I have close to 150 shadowing hours, and in regards with community service i used to work as a social worker after my undergrad in disadvantaged areas. I worked with youths dealing with special needs, and PTSD. The schools i contacted like NYU told me they recommend a minimum of 17 in each section. However, they still told me that alot of applicants apply in december and receive post-December interviews.