DAT Scores 5/20/14

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Gabriel Blum

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Just finished my DAT and very happy with my scores.

Breakdown: OC-29, Bio-25, GC-23, PA-21, QR-22, RC-24, TS-26, AA-25

Materials used: Cliffs AP BIO, DAT destroyer, Math Destroyer, Crack the DAT, DAT Bootcamp

OC/GC- If you can master the DAT Destroyer you are set for these sections. There are questions in the Destroyer that are definitely a little bit harder then what you will see on the actual DAT but in my opinion that's a good thing.

BIO- The combination of the DAT destroyer and Cliffs AP BIO is perfect. BIO is just a lot of material so its possible you'll get one or two questions covering material you didn't come across while studying, but if you spend the time you should have no problem getting in the 20's.

PAT- In my opinion it was more similar to Crack the DAT then DAT Bootcamp. On my practices test I was getting 21's in Crack the DAT and 19's on DAT Bootcamp. I got a 21 on the actual DAT so there you go.

Reading- most surprising in my opinion. I'm on an eighth grade reading level on a good day so a 24 was mind blowing. I took a few exams on Crack the DAT and averaged about a 20. I put in the least time for this section by far. Luckily on my exam I had three semi-interesting articles and the questions were approximately 80% search and destroy.

Math- I would say I over-studied for this section. The math on my DAT was very simple. I was ready for crazy hard geometry and rate questions. A lot of easy calculations that I guess I may have made some careless errors on. Do the Math Destroyer and the Math at the end of the DAT Destroyer and you will be fine.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Holy ****. Amazing!

I'm using the same exact study materials you are. Care to share how you studied for Bio? Read/Take Notes on Cliff's? Flashcards?

Damn sick scores!!!!! What did you use for reading?
I'll be completely honest I was willing to sacrifice my reading section for higher scores in all the other sections. I felt that reading would be the hardest thing to improve so I took maybe 2 full reading sections on Dat bootcamp and got a 19 on each. I guess the Dat bootcamp reading was not really representative of the actual exam because the questions on my reading section were much more straight forward and the articles were way more interesting.

Bootcamp! Your favorite resource!
I would not recommend Bootcamp. It is only $99 so its not a bad investment if you run out of other material to study, but don't rely on it. Of all the resources I studied from I found it to be the least representative.

Out of cliffs, destroyer, and crack the pat, bootcamp was the least representative? Interesting....:eyebrow:

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
I would not recommend Bootcamp. It is only $99 so its not a bad investment if you run out of other material to study, but don't rely on it. Of all the resources I studied from I found it to be the least representative.
Hey, congratulations on your awesome scores! I have to say this is the first time I've heard that DAT Bootcamp is the least representative, even out of DAT Destroyer which is notoriously harder than the real DAT. It also goes against every other thread breakdown on SDN and email I've read. If you do feel there are areas that we can improve on, please message me and we'll work on immediately fixing them.

Hey, congratulations on your awesome scores! I have to say this is the first time I've heard that DAT Bootcamp is the least representative, even out of DAT Destroyer which is notoriously harder than the real DAT. It also goes against every other thread breakdown on SDN and email I've read. If you do feel there are areas that we can improve on, please message me and we'll work on immediately fixing them.
I guess everyone has a different opinion. For some reason for me I found the DAT bootcamp tests to be more difficult then the other resources I used. In my opinion the actual DAT and Crack the DAT were approximately on the same difficulty level. The destroyer definitely has questions that are much harder then what you will see on the DAT as well, but because there are so many problems in the book, you will have more then enough problems that are on the right difficulty level. Overall I wold not say DAT bootcamp is a bad resource, just harder then what you need. My one main issue with DAT bootcamp was the PAT. Way harder then what I saw on the DAT in basically every section besides cube counting, especially the keyhole section.

Great scores! Wow!

It's interesting to see how much tests can vary. For example, I know that for my test, the PAT section was much harder than anything I encountered in Crack PAT. I wish I had used more "difficult" resources to prepare, because I was totally surprised.

Oh well. Better to be over-prepared. :)

photo (2).JPG

The proof!

Great scores! Wow!

It's interesting to see how much tests can vary. For example, I know that for my test, the PAT section was much harder than anything I encountered in Crack PAT. I wish I had used more "difficult" resources to prepare, because I was totally surprised.

Oh well. Better to be over-prepared. :)

It's true. All I can tell you is what worked for me, but to each his own.

Wow!! These are probably the best scores I've seen on here! congrats! :) You motivated me after reading your breakdown haha, thank you!

Congrats on your scores! I'm also using Crack DAT PAT. The DAT Destroyer and Math Destroyer, Cliff Notes AP Biology, and Kaplan for reading. Hoping I do as well as you!!

Those scores are amazing! Congrats on your acceptance to the school of your choice! I wish I do just as well !! I am using the DAT Destroyer, Math Destroyer, Crack DAT and Kaplan for bio! Anyone recommend anything else?

You have wonderful explanation of your study process! Thanks for sharing and congratulations!

Those scores are amazing! Congrats on your acceptance to the school of your choice! I wish I do just as well !! I am using the DAT Destroyer, Math Destroyer, Crack DAT and Kaplan for bio! Anyone recommend anything else?
Cliffs AP bio book is good to read up on any topic you are having trouble understanding.

Wow great scores! I am also using DAT Destroyer and MATH Destroyer as my main source for the DAT. I am also using Crack DAT PAT. Congrats again!

Congrats man those are awesome scores! I've been using the Destroyer and Kaplan to study too, they've been really helpful. Did you find Cracking the DAT to be useful? I've been thinking about buying that before my test too.