DAT Scores and Percentiles

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Lucass

RunswithPredents
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
There have been some posts alluding to this already. But I'm not exactly sure how the percentiles are calculated with your DAT scores. I'm assuming they're constantly updating them to keep up with the growing number of people skewing the average scores farther and farther to the right. Anyway, I took the test June 14th and here are my DAT scores and percentiles:

AA:21--94.4%
TS:23--98.6%
PA:19--91.0%

Given the fact that competition is getting greater day by day, can somebody who has taken the DAT very recently please :) post their scores with their respective percentiles so I can get an idea of what direction we're heading as far as competition (well, I guess we all know what direction it is, but more so, to what extent). Thanks people.

Members don't see this ad.

I took on first week of July

AA= 21-92.2%
TS= 20- 86.9%
PAT= 19- 78.6%

Took this in Feb (Canadian DAT though),

AA = 22 (98%)
TS = 22 (99%)
PAT = 17 (50%)

Members don't see this ad :)
Just took it yesterday:

PA 21 98.2
QR 17 70.8
RC 25 99.1
BIO 21 97.2
GC 25 98.9
OC 21 93.9
TS 22 98.2
AA 22 98.7

AA: 23 (98.4%)
TS: 24 (99.3%)
PAT: 20 (88.2%)

You have to also take into account that the percentiles are based on the test questions you get. You can't compare them to everybody's scores, hence why someone with a 19 could have a higher percentile than someone who has 20+. Also, the schools only see the scores, not the percentiles

thehipster said:
AA: 23 (98.4%)
TS: 24 (99.3%)
PAT: 20 (88.2%)

You have to also take into account that the percentiles are based on the test questions you get. You can't compare them to everybody's scores, hence why someone with a 19 could have a higher percentile than someone who has 20+. Also, the schools only see the scores, not the percentiles

Ya that's what I've heard. For awhile there it just seemed like the general trend is that people are getting a lower percentile ranking for the same score that somebody else got several months ago. :confused: Thanks for your posts.

Lucass said:
Ya that's what I've heard. For awhile there it just seemed like the general trend is that people are getting a lower percentile ranking for the same score that somebody else got several months ago. :confused: Thanks for your posts.

PAT - 22 - 98.9
TS - 22 - 98.2
AA - 24 - 99.8

I'm starting to think that the entire admissions process is nothing but smoke and mirrors.

Uhmm... I wonder what would make 100% on PAT this year. Anyone? :wow:

armorshell said:
July 1
AA - 25 100%
TS - 26 99.9%
PAT - 21 98.6%

That's crazy! I didn't even know there was such thing as a 100th percentile.

i took it july 25th

AA - 20 86.1
TS - 19 78.3
PA - 21 93.1

I dont think that the dental schools see what percentile your score was but someone correct me if I am wrong

Members don't see this ad :)
Took it wayyyy back in September :p

AA 25 100%
TS 29 100%
PA 20 95.5%

I am pretty sure schools don't see your percentiles, just the scaled scores. I think that's what it says on the bottom of the score report you get :)

SRW26 said:
Took it wayyyy back in September :p

AA 25 100%
TS 29 100%
PA 20 95.5%

I am pretty sure schools don't see your percentiles, just the scaled scores. I think that's what it says on the bottom of the score report you get :)

Yeah, she's right.

Took it in March this year.
AA 25 100%
TS 29 100%
PAT 21 98.2%
How on earth do you get a 4.12 GPA??

Do many schools have grades that go up to A+??? It doesn't make much sense when A=4.0

jewelsnz said:
How on earth do you get a 4.12 GPA??

AADSAS counts plusses as an added .33 to whatever the letter is (3.33 for B+'s, etc.). Not sure how common this system is.. All of the undergrad institutions whose grading systems I'm familiar with (not many, lol), give A+ grades, but often they are counted as 4.0 GPA-wise (like a normal A).

SRW26 said:
AADSAS counts plusses as an added .33 to whatever the letter is (3.33 for B+'s, etc.). Not sure how common this system is.. All of the undergrad institutions whose grading systems I'm familiar with (not many, lol), give A+ grades, but often they are counted as 4.0 GPA-wise (like a normal A).
Okay, Boston U definitely didn't...or any other school that I have heard of (which also isn't many). Nice boost to your GPA though!!

WOW!!! I wondered if there were people that were able to fill the seats at Harvard. I guess you :) are proof that it is possible!! Way to go!!

It seems like everyone on SDN is in the top fifth percentile for DAT scores...how is that possible? I guess there's a disproportionate number of us nerds online :)

I took my DAT a year ago:

AA 23 98.6%
TS 23 98.6%
PAT 23 99.8%

pine88 said:
It seems like everyone on SDN is in the top fifth percentile for DAT scores...how is that possible? I guess there's a disproportionate number of us nerds online :)
It's a disproportionate number of nerds online combined with the fact that most people here that get low scores never post them.

I wondered how accurate the percentages were so I took a look at 45 students from my school that got in to dental school in the 2005 cycle. Only 1 out of 45 accepted people had a higher AA score than my 96.1% AA of 22.

I think the percentiles are fairly accurate when you put all students in it.

I took the test about 3 years ago, and from what everyone has posted in this thread, the numbers don't seem to have changed very much.

aggie-master said:
I wondered how accurate the percentages were so I took a look at 45 students from my school that got in to dental school in the 2005 cycle. Only 1 out of 45 accepted people had a higher AA score than my 96.1% AA of 22.

What scores did you see the most out of those 45?

beastly115 said:
What scores did you see the most out of those 45?

ya, I'd be interested to know that too. What school do you go to...Texas A&M?

Lucass said:
There have been some posts alluding to this already. But I'm not exactly sure how the percentiles are calculated with your DAT scores. I'm assuming they're constantly updating them to keep up with the growing number of people skewing the average scores farther and farther to the right. Anyway, I took the test June 14th and here are my DAT scores and percentiles:

AA:21--94.4%
TS:23--98.6%
PA:19--91.0%

Given the fact that competition is getting greater day by day, can somebody who has taken the DAT very recently please :) post their scores with their respective percentiles so I can get an idea of what direction we're heading as far as competition (well, I guess we all know what direction it is, but more so, to what extent). Thanks people.

i got a 19 on PAT and it was a 78.6 percentile. TS percentile was the same though. These percentiles are weirrrd