DAT scores for July 26

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
S

sumluck

Hey what's up all, finally took the beast and it feels real good. For everyone out there stressin' about the test ( like I was), take a deep breath and realize if you have a good background in the sciences, study consistently and honestly, and have confidence you will do just fine.

My scores

Bio-23
GC-25
OC-25
QR-21
RC-23
PAT-20
TS-24 :cool:
AA-23 :cool:

Here are my practice test scores: all were taken in the last two weeks except kaplan~3-4wks

OC GC Bio RC QR PA TS AA

Top 1) 13 17 18 22 18 21 16 18

Top 2) 17 17 18 21 18 23 18 18

Top 3) 18 17 19 25 21 21 18 20

achv1) 19 18 18 20 21 18 19 20

achv2) 19 16 17 21 16 18 17 18

Achv3) 17 15 16 26 18 18 16 19

Kaplan1) 19 18 20 22 16 21 19 19

Kaplan2) 21 19 20 22 19 22 20 20

ADA) Bio 24 GC 25 Ochem 21

Thanks to all who have posted scores and given helpful advice. I will follow suit and be open to any questions.

It feels good to have my life back!!!

Take care and peace out, time to enjoy my summer!

Members don't see this ad.

these are awesome scoress! i scored similarly on my first topscore test
GC:16, OC:14, Bio:16, RC:21, QR:18, PAT:20. I was pretty discouraged about the sciences. I was hoping to take the test between August 14-21. I wanted to know how long after your first test did you take the actual DAT?

nice scores, congrats!

I was wondering if there were anything weird on the sciences, you scored so well, probably only missed like 2 or 3 ! nice job

also do you think all kaplan material is good enough? thx

What is your strategy for the reading comprehension?

Also, how does the kaplan book prepare you for the real thing?

Thanks and great job!

Shane

Members don't see this ad :)
Awesome scores man. I'm not gonna ask you for hints on studying cause I too am done with the DATs...join the relaxo club, man.

So I can't beat your ridiculously high acadmic scores (damn they're high) I took my test today and pu Hooray for improvement. At least I topped your PAT score! Booyah, haha (I'd rather have your scores though). Good luck to everyone else

Last edited:
Great scores!!! :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:
I wish i can do something like that.

What strategy do you use for the reading comprehension? I use kaplan ROADMAP but it's just time consuming.

thank you!!

congrats on the scores!!! i was wondering how was the QR? are they long word problems? and lots of triag? i just havent alot of difficulites with it and was wondering what it was like. thanks and congrats!

sumluck said:
Hey what's up all, finally took the beast and it feels real good. For everyone out there stressin' about the test ( like I was), take a deep breath and realize if you have a good background in the sciences, study consistently and honestly, and have confidence you will do just fine.

My scores

Bio-23
GC-25
OC-25
QR-21
RC-23
PAT-20
TS-24 :cool:
AA-23 :cool:

Here are my practice test scores: all were taken in the last two weeks except kaplan~3-4wks

OC GC Bio RC QR PA TS AA

Top 1) 13 17 18 22 18 21 16 18

Top 2) 17 17 18 21 18 23 18 18

Top 3) 18 17 19 25 21 21 18 20

achv1) 19 18 18 20 21 18 19 20

achv2) 19 16 17 21 16 18 17 18

Achv3) 17 15 16 26 18 18 16 19

Kaplan1) 19 18 20 22 16 21 19 19

Kaplan2) 21 19 20 22 19 22 20 20

ADA) Bio 24 GC 25 Ochem 21

Thanks to all who have posted scores and given helpful advice. I will follow suit and be open to any questions.

It feels good to have my life back!!!

Take care and peace out, time to enjoy my summer!

Kaplan is definitely enough for both chemistry sections. I also used Scham's for Bio, but if you just use Kaplan for bio you should still be fine. QR is not like Kaplan at all, and Topscore and Achiever are much better indicators of the Quant level of difficulty, although it could be different for varying tests. I just looked for answers in the RC section, would've liked a higher RC score, but I am not complaing one bit. For PAT, my insight would be to average your Kaplan and Achiever practice tests to get an "idea" of where you might land. I'm not saying one way or the other, but it just seems like that is where most people including myself seem to fall. Good luck to those who have yet to take it and thanks for the good words.

also, take the ADA practice test. many people seem to thinks it easy, but it will give you a perspective on how the ADA actually asks questions. I took it two days before my actual test and found it as a very useful tool.

It seems like the coverage on biology in the prep material is haphazard. The blue book tends to gloss over certain topics(ie respiration). Anyways I'm going to complement it with the examkracker.

blankguy said:
It seems like the coverage on biology in the prep material is haphazard. The blue book tends to gloss over certain topics(ie respiration). Anyways I'm going to complement it with the examkracker.

I ordered the mcat examkrackers for bio a couple of weeks ago, and it is really really good. Haven't taken the DAT yet, but with every chapter I read I feel so ready for the biology section....

Dr.RedundancyDr said:
So I can beat your ridiculously high acadmic scores (damn they're high) I took my test today and pulled a 20/20/22. Hooray for improvement. At least I topped your PAT score! Booyah, haha (I'd rather have your scores though). Good luck to everyone else

Redund what did you do second time around to score better? Did you take achiever this time around? What helped you to improve?

thnx

Awesome scores man. I remember that day I finished that test, and how great it felt to not only have it behind me but to also have kicked its ass. Congrats! Now go party!

Congrats on your wonderful scores! How well did Scham's Bio prepare you for the actual thing? Did you use your biol own textbooks as well?

Thanks a lot.

sumluck said:
Kaplan is definitely enough for both chemistry sections. I also used Scham's for Bio, but if you just use Kaplan for bio you should still be fine. QR is not like Kaplan at all, and Topscore and Achiever are much better indicators of the Quant level of difficulty, although it could be different for varying tests. I just looked for answers in the RC section, would've liked a higher RC score, but I am not complaing one bit. For PAT, my insight would be to average your Kaplan and Achiever practice tests to get an "idea" of where you might land. I'm not saying one way or the other, but it just seems like that is where most people including myself seem to fall. Good luck to those who have yet to take it and thanks for the good words.

also, take the ADA practice test. many people seem to thinks it easy, but it will give you a perspective on how the ADA actually asks questions. I took it two days before my actual test and found it as a very useful tool.

My improvement wasn't that much, but improvement is improvement. For the bio, I realized that there was a whole lot I didn't know. Learn the processes and a whole lot of random definitions. I think I missed a bunch of the plant and animal questions, so focus on that. Overall, the second time around you realize a lot of things you didn't know the first time. Practice and make sure after a practice test, go over it and basically remember every fact. The higher score people can probably help you out more than I can. Good luck.

Dear Dr. Redundancy,

Thanks a lot for all your great help, and I wish you the very best of luck too. I would truly appreciate it if other people could also give me their input.

Nazafarin said:
Congrats on your wonderful scores! How well did Scham's Bio prepare you for the actual thing? Did you use your biol own textbooks as well?

Thanks a lot.

I liked Schaum's in the sense that if I felt Kaplan was being too vague I could refer quickly to Schaum's. I felt Schaum's was concise, yet provided ample detail when expected. I don't think it would be reasonable to reread a majority of your course textbook unless you don't remember much from your classes. Good Luck