1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, be sure to check out How To Get Into Dental School, our free downloadable PDF with step-by-step details for dental school applicants!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice
  4. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Dat Scores

Discussion in 'Pre-Dental' started by einllela, Jul 5, 2001.

1. einllela

einllela New Member

HI! I need some advice. I already take the DAT and got a 19 in Academic Average and a 15 in PAT. Should I retake the exam?? My GPA is 3.25 and I`m applying for 2002

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. StudGuy1

StudGuy1 New Member

Einllela,

The academic average score of 19 is good. The 15 in the PAT section is not the greatest, so if these were my scores, I would definitely retake the test. The only reason I say this is because if you want to get into a very competitive, high-caliber private or state dental school, you will need a higher PAT score. Also, it wouldn't hurt to bring up your academic average a point or two. But that is just what I think.... :)

Just take a ton of practice PAT tests and you should be able to (hopefully) bring up that score by 3-5 points easily. As for the academic average section, same thing--LOTS of practice tests.

Anyway, I hope this helped.

Racerdude