DAT standard scores on official practice exam

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

budda10000

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
bio-17(anatomy is giving me trouble)
gen chem- 20
ochem-30
RC-19
QR-20
PAT-20
Seems solid in all but the bio, any good ideas for review? My test is in 10 days:/

Members don't see this ad.

I used cliff notes bio review and cliff notes anatomy & physiology mostly. Also did DAT destroyer bio section. Like i said the physio seems to hold me back. I never took a course in it.

Hmmm, All im using is Cliffs AP bio and Kaplans blue book for the bio section. I heard that the dat destroyer bio section is not good to use, its to specific. Bio is just random, just know the "big picture" of things and thats the best you can do. Its just really hard to study for :/

Members don't see this ad :)
Well I think it comes from having a particularly good ochem professor/program. As I have heard students from my school tend to do very well in ochem sections of the mcat. For study material I used Kaplan's MCAT review(it was free plus I had to wait for my DAT study material to arrive in the mail),. After that I used DAT destroyer, Cliffs DAT review, and my own notes on weak areas. Just be strategic in what you study, ignore the stuff you already know. Also I noticed on all the practice tests ive taken they like to ask you questions about resonance and molecule/ion stability so get familiar with that stuff.

I don't know if you are anything like me when studying but I would recognize areas in gen chem which I would consistently get wrong and just think I would review them later. Now, with 10 days left is later! You know what areas give you pause, so get to it and study them!

maybe a little.. For me the hardest thing going into this exam was having zero background in anatomy of physiology so that has been a majority of my studying. I wish I had another week to work on my bio but ill just have to raise it as much as i can before july 25.

same to you! What schools are you applying to? I threw an application to pretty much every school west of the rocky mountains + harvard