EnamelCoating

Hello.
10+ Year Member
Apr 29, 2008
Status
Pre-Dental
Hi. I will most likely start studying for the DAT today. Is anyone in the same boat? Want to join my club? We can be SDN 5/21 start buddies. :thumbup:

OMFS08

Tooth Extractornator
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
May 11, 2008
Status
Resident [Any Field]
Add me to it.

Hybridtavo

Dr Ortegon
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Apr 8, 2008
Status
Dentist
Count me In!!! :thumbup: DAT 2nd week of Aug. (South Florida)

OP
EnamelCoating

EnamelCoating

Hello.
10+ Year Member
Apr 29, 2008
Status
Pre-Dental
so what do we do then?
yes!!! we have officially formed a gang.

uhh.. so we just support and encourage one another and make sure we stay on track.

for example me.... I still haven't opened the book yet, but have been looking at schools. I should prob open the materials soon. And I encourange you all to keep studying or start now, b/c starting slow like me is bad. :laugh:

Since we are starting today and most likely all will test in aug. thats a 2-3month window. meaning we can't slack. I have high hopes that our 5/21 group is going to kick *** on the DAT.

vberries

10+ Year Member
May 21, 2008
Status
Pre-Dental
Hi everyone,
I'm also studying for the DAT right now. But just a quick question. Sorry if it has no relation to this thread, but I read that some of you guys are going to take the DAT in August. Does that mean that you'll be applying to dental school this year or next year? I'm planning to take DAT mid June and apply this year. Is that bad? Would it be wiser to take DAT in Aug and apply next year? Please help, I'm so stressed =/. Thanks everyone and good luck on your studying!

DRHOYA

10+ Year Member
May 15, 2008
NY
Status
Pre-Dental
Started this week..........count me in.

ddsjc2014

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Oct 22, 2007
Status
Dental Student
Started on may 12th... been 10days.... now I'm in orgo section...

DRHOYA

10+ Year Member
May 15, 2008
NY
Status
Pre-Dental
Btw guys, is DAT Destroyer worth it for Organic Chem? Chem for some reason is tough for me.

vert

10+ Year Member
Dec 15, 2007
Status
Pre-Dental
Hey guys, count me in here too.. I'm writing at the beginning of July.

Happy studying! :cool:

ddstobe

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Nov 30, 2006
Status
plan on taking the DAT (2nd time) in late July. IMO, it would be better to start studying all the subjects at the same time. But for me, I decide to study G Chem a week then move on to O Chem and so on...what about YOU?

El Sol

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Sep 5, 2005
Status
Pre-Dental
Count me in too! I very briefly looked over general chemistry (my worst subject) during the semester, and plan on taking the DAT the second week of July. May have to push it back depending on how I feel by then.

sk06

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Aug 8, 2006
Status
Pre-Dental
i'm in! i started yesterday

topdent1

10+ Year Member
Aug 6, 2007
Status
Pre-Dental
I'm in the same boat. I take my DAT July 7th...soooo excited!! I was just hacking away on some dat destroyer gen chem problems and they are kicking my @$$.

Naz815

10+ Year Member
Aug 2, 2007
Status
Pre-Dental
I'M IN!!! DAT will be my best friend this summer no beach for me...down in Sth. Florida!!

license2kill

10+ Year Member
Jan 5, 2007
Status
Dental Student
DAT destroyer is made by "Orgoman" so I suppose it is good for Orgo. I find the Gen Chem manageable, but is the Bio the same difficulty as the real DAT?

Zerconia2921

Bring your A-game!
10+ Year Member
Mar 24, 2008
California
Status
Pre-Pharmacy
DAT destroyer is made by "Orgoman" so I suppose it is good for Orgo. I find the Gen Chem manageable, but is the Bio the same difficulty as the real DAT?

Hey my fellow DATers I am tripping over propabilities so much info gets my cerebral cortex going crazy cause my my motor nuerons dont want to send a stimulus to my hands to even start on the problem. :eek: lolz

I am confused when do to use which formula like for example when order matters or when it dosent. Help

license2kill

10+ Year Member
Jan 5, 2007
Status
Dental Student
Hey my fellow DATers I am tripping over propabilities so much info gets my cerebral cortex going crazy cause my my motor nuerons dont want to send a stimulus to my hands to even start on the problem. :eek: lolz

I am confused when do to use which formula like for example when order matters or when it dosent. Help
This is what I have in my cerebral cortex. If order matters, you use permutations, if order doesn't matter you use combinations.

Are your motor neurons innervated by the autosomal or somatic system? lol-side effects of DAT prep!

Holopeachy1

10+ Year Member
Apr 16, 2008
Status
Pre-Dental
Count me in guys, tried to start studying today but im still recovering from finals week. Anybody here from southern Cali?

btw im also gonna apply this cycle! Goodluck everyone!

supraman

Boston Celtics
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Oct 30, 2005
Status
Dental Student
Count me in!! Will start tmrw! Can't wait :(

yomikepump

10+ Year Member
May 23, 2008
Status
Pre-Dental
I feel a lot better knowing that im not the only loser sitting at home everyday studying DAT. Thats encouragement in itself. not that we're losers or anything haha.

berq87

10+ Year Member
May 19, 2008
Status
Pre-Dental
Haha, I'm in the same boat...adds an extra boost of motivation for studying knowing that other people are also spending their summer studying their arses off...

Ninster

10+ Year Member
Apr 18, 2008
Oh Canada
Status
Pre-Dental
Hi. I will most likely start studying for the DAT today. Is anyone in the same boat? Want to join my club? We can be SDN 5/21 start buddies. :thumbup:
I'm in :) gonna start studying next week - writing DAT 3rd week of Aug and applying this year as well

DividedByZero

10+ Year Member
Jun 20, 2006
Status
Dental Student
i haven't registered yet but i will probably retake in August.

stupid 3.0 gpa and 19/19/19.

sk06

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Aug 8, 2006
Status
Pre-Dental
are any of you working while studying? i just got a part-time job and i'm afraid it might take too much time from studying but it think i should have enough time. any tips?

Mamona

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Aug 5, 2007
Status
Pre-Dental
I am in !!!!I started a week ago, but I will start hard core tomorrow. Taking test first week of August and applying this year. Good luck everybody

DDSguyLA

10+ Year Member
Mar 12, 2008
Status
Pre-Dental
I've already started... almost half way through ochem...
i live in LA. Reseda to be exact near CSUN. Down to STUDY HARDCORE... Taking test July 16th 11am... haha

Private message me... studying in groups is much better.. you will learn much more in much more depth if you teach one another...

-A:)

supraman

Boston Celtics
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Oct 30, 2005
Status
Dental Student
Someone start a facebook group! lol

CycleCali

10+ Year Member
May 24, 2008
Status
Pre-Dental
I started this week too! I'm in! But I'm not applying until next May/June. I'm going on Semester at Sea next semester, so I'm taking the DAT in August before I leave. Then it's around the world, come back and apply! I'm studying my boo-tay off until August.

OMG - I have a small rant only you guys will appreciate - I got called to JURY DUTY the week before I'm taking the DAT! UGH! I'm working on moving it but like I said I'm leaving for SAS and you can only postpone for 3 months, so there's no great time for me to do it. OMG, Ugh.

But regardless of that - I'm studying! Thanks for the support group!

Oh - and about the working + studying - I'm a nanny to a 3 month old so every nap he takes I hit the books + I study every moment I'm not with him. I'll let you know how it goes. : )

Lots of 20+ Magic DAT Dust to everyone!!

pasionatdentist

10+ Year Member
Dec 30, 2007
Status
Pre-Dental
I started studying right after my graduation.... I am taking a kaplan course and as well studying the topscore and DAT destroyer... Taking the test in second week of August....

I am 26, married, 3.56 GPA, bio major.... Is being married good or bad?

medalofhon0r

10+ Year Member
Apr 26, 2008
Status
Pre-Dental
I started studying right after my graduation.... I am taking a kaplan course and as well studying the topscore and DAT destroyer... Taking the test in second week of August....

I am 26, married, 3.56 GPA, bio major.... Is being married good or bad?
I'm 22 and married.......taking dat next year..........so dont worry:laugh:

Holopeachy1

10+ Year Member
Apr 16, 2008
Status
Pre-Dental
I've already started... almost half way through ochem...
i live in LA. Reseda to be exact near CSUN. Down to STUDY HARDCORE... Taking test July 16th 11am... haha

Private message me... studying in groups is much better.. you will learn much more in much more depth if you teach one another...

-A:)
Hey DDSguy, this is the persian girl that was bragging about how persian girls "rock" in the other thread...i live in Irvine, but I went to CSUN. I drive up to study in the valley once in a while, if you want we can study sometimes. Im having a hardtime starting and I'm taking the exam end of July:scared:. Send me a PM if you want!

Holopeachy1

10+ Year Member
Apr 16, 2008
Status
Pre-Dental
Someone start a facebook group! lol

Hey great idea...DONE...i wonder if it already exists, if it does'nt i created it. My facebook email is [email protected] the group name is Student Doctors Facebook network. Please join everyone, I will start a new thread so everyone can see. Let me know if there is an existing one. Thanks!

OP
EnamelCoating

EnamelCoating

Hello.
10+ Year Member
Apr 29, 2008
Status
Pre-Dental
Wow!!! I never expected the 5/21 group to be so large and amazing! :thumbup:

Everyone one on here is doing so well. Memorial weekend has really halted me. I have had a problem starting up the last few days, it been a big lost and frustration.

How are you all studying and staying so focused? I don't have ADD or ADHD or anything else, it's just hard to stop a slacking habbit. Help? Advice?

dentalgirlyay

10+ Year Member
Sep 1, 2007
Status
Pre-Dental
count me in too! I am taking my DAT on July 7..... hopefully i'll be ready to DOMINATE DAT when that day comes.....