DAT Still Not Showing in AADSAS

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Toofly01

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone... just wondering what your experience/timeline was like with regards to your DAT scores auto-populating on your AADSAS application.

I took the DAT on 09/20/2012, ADA confirms that it was sent out on 10/04/2012, and yet AADSAS still has not uploaded the information into my application. Some of the dental schools I applied to say they have received them, however a majority say they have not. I let them know they were available, but until the dental schools download the information and add it to my submitted application, as of now, my application is incomplete with those d-schools. I just get the feeling that they preferentially download/look for the scores from AADSAS, and since AADSAS hasn't uploaded the info, the d-schools don't have the info.

An AADSAS rep told me today that it is likely something got lost in translation (corrupt file) when uploading the scores from ADA last week, and so THIS week they should appear (they are doing their weekly download of scores tonight). I was told to check back in a couple of days, ie this Wednesday, 10/17. However, a different rep told me that this situation seemed odd, because if that was the case (electronic glitch) then more people would be calling and reporting the issue.

I agree with the latter statement, so that is why I am asking all you SDN-ers out there: Those of you who took the DAT during the week of 09/17 (meaning anytime from 09/17-09/22), has your score appeared in AADSAS yet, and if so, when did it appear? I'm getting nervous over here.

For the record, I have triple-, quadruple-checked my DENTPIN/DOB with both AADSAS and ADA and they are accurate.

Thanks in advance guys :)

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
We are in the same boat. I am so worried. I took mine on Sep 17th and they have not sent mine either. I called them today and they wanted me to call them back tomorrow. They don't even know what's going on!!!

They don't actually post your scores onto the portal if thats what you mean. If it shows the date taken and date received under the "official scores" tab, the ADA should have your DAT scores. Also, look at the mailing date under the "dental schools designation" tab. There should be another mailing date that states when they mailed your DAT. Finally, if you open the "submitted designations" tab, there should be the option to download an application pdf. This is what dental schools will download when they look at your application. Your DAT scores should be listed on those pdfs for each individual school (if they were actually recieved).

Thanks for all of the clarifications, Denticle! You are truly awesome! :) Actually I meant earlier that nothing was showing up under "Official Scores"... however, since the time I originally posted this...

Under "Official Scores" my AADSAS app now shows:
Date Taken Date Received
09/20/2012 10/15/2012

Although still no new mail date under "Dental School Designations" tab (other than the 7/13/12, I was 3rd batch). I'm assuming this will change by tomorrow?

I do see the scores listed on the application PDF. Yay!

Smosta, I hope your scores have been uploaded as well... Best of luck and keep us updated.

PS I was on the phone for about 5 hours today back and forth, so if anything this teaches us to be persistent and use your common sense for these things. If something seems fishy (not SDN-hypersensitive-freakingoutovernothing-fishy but truly odd) then go with your gut and don't stop until you get some answers! But also don't annoy the people who can help you, aka AADSAS and ADA reps. :)

Phew. Better late than never. This late in the game though, I've got my fingers crossed for SPRING interviews. :rolleyes:

Thanks again SDN community, I don't know what I would do without you guys! :love:

Random- does this setback ruin my chances, even somewhat? Does it have an effect at all?