DAT study material

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

pfg459

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone,

Accidentally posted in the wrong forum before, but:

I have been researching many different study materials and have come up with so many jumbled answers that it is hard to come to a conclusion.

I am trying to get everything together in order to study for the DAT that I need to take in 4 months.

At the moment I have come down to:

DAT destroyer for Biology/Chem/Ochem help.
MATH destroyer for the math section.
Crack DAT PAT for the PAT section.

What is best for the reading section? Will these 3 plus another for the reading section be sufficient for preparation for the DAT? Is there anything else that I need or anything that I need to swap out?

Thank you for all of the help. This forum is outstanding.

Members don't see this ad.

Hey, I just posted by breakdown for my DAT I just took this past Friday. It might be of help to you =)

For study materials (rather than problem solving materials like the ones you've posted), you might want to add Cliff's AP Bio and Chad's GC/OC videos. For RC, you can get CDR to get the timing right. I'd highly suggest getting Achiever practice tests for RC to make yourself learn how to plow through tough reading sections.

For RC, I really think the best way is to read a lot of scientific articles and newspaper/magazine articles (and by magazine, I mean like Times or something, not People haha)

Thank you very much, I think your breakdown is superb.

The one question I have is, do I just need DAT destroyer in order to do well in math, or do I need Math Destroyer as well?

I always do well in math, if DAT destroyer does a good job in math, then I want to know if there is any reason to get math destroyer.

Math Destroyer will give you more problems to work on. Just an extra resource to make sure that you do well. The more problems you do, the better you get. You should also do problems in Kaplan.

Members don't see this ad :)
Math Destroyer will just solidify your knowledge. Worth the investment.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

Math Destroyer is overkill but really good practice. I also used DAT Qvault's Math tests and they were very indicative of the problems on the actual exam.