DAT Study Schedule- 2 months

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

inna94

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I wanted to know if you guys have any recommendations for study schedules on a shorter time span maybe 8 weeks? I tried to follow Ari's DAT study guide, but didn't work as well for me. I am a bio major, and don't know the best way going about the material: I have the CLiffs AP bio, I also have the Kaplan DAT book and the DAT destroyer, math destroyer. I think my weakest section is chemistry, I tried chads videos with making study guides out of it, but it is a lot different from the material in the Kaplan book, detail wise. Please any suggestions would be great, and what would be better to follow.

Members don't see this ad.

Bio:
Use my notes to learn material
Do practice questions out of DAT destroyer bio section after you learned material

Gen chem:
Watch Chad videos, take notes, and do quizzes to lay foundation
Study my notes to learn material not covered in chads that u might see on DAT
Do practice questions on gen chem destroyer to test knowledge
Do practice questions DAT destroyer gen chem section as a final problem set

Orgo:
Watch chads videos, take notes, do quizzes to lay foundation
Study my notes to learn concepts and reactions not covered in chads that u might see on the DAT
Do organic chem odyssey to test knowledge
Do dat destroyer orgo section as a final problem set

Qr:
Watch chads videos, do quizzes, take notes to lay foundation
Do math destroyer timed to test knowledge
Do Qr section in dat destroyer timed as a final problem set

Pat:
Watch YouTube videos to learn strategy for each section
Work on generators from dat bootcamp and dat genius to get better at each section
Do dat bootcamp, crack the dat practice pat tests to test knowledge

Reading comp:
Do crack the dat reading comp to get better

Reactions: 1 user
2nd post lays out by far the most commonly used study materials that most have found to be the most beneficial. 8 weeks isn't the longest time but if your willing to put in the work the entire time (Don't slack off at the beginning and rush at the end) you should be able to produce a respectable score. Be sure to leave a few study days towards the end to go over any concepts you don't quite have full grasp of

2nd post lays out by far the most commonly used study materials that most have found to be the most beneficial. 8 weeks isn't the longest time but if your willing to put in the work the entire time (Don't slack off at the beginning and rush at the end) you should be able to produce a respectable score. Be sure to leave a few study days towards the end to go over any concepts you don't quite have full grasp of
How long do people usually study then? Ari's study guide is 10 weeks (which isn't that different from 8), is 2-3 months average?

Members don't see this ad :)
How long do people usually study then? Ari's study guide is 10 weeks (which isn't that different from 8), is 2-3 months average?
I think it varies by person, some people study for 6 months with an intense final month, and others I've seen study for everything in two weeks

I think it varies by person, some people study for 6 months with an intense final month, and others I've seen study for everything in two weeks

Excellent response and I agree!

Every student is different and some students begin studies with a much better foundation than others. If I am asked what is a good amount of time to study and not kill yourself I would say 3 months, but not all students have that long to study. The most important thing is not to take the DAT until you feel fully prepared, the biggest mistake I see students make by far is rushing to take the DAT and the results are not what they expected.

Just my 2 cents..Nancy

I am applying this June but am taking the dat near the end of august. I plan to spend July and August studying full time. Does anyone recommend taking the dat earlier and leaving less study time?

Sent from my SM-G900P using SDN mobile

I am applying this June but am taking the dat near the end of august. I plan to spend July and August studying full time. Does anyone recommend taking the dat earlier and leaving less study time?

Sent from my SM-G900P using SDN mobile
Why don't you schedule it for as early as you think you might be ready? Then when there are six days before your test, assess yourself and see if you want to push it back 2 more weeks. Having a set test date will help motivate you to be ready by that time. If you aren't ready, though, just push it back. That's what I did.

Thanks everyone for the feedback, I was wondering if anyone has preference or experience with DAT bootcamp, Crack DAT PAT, or topscore in regards to studying for the PAT, thanks

Dat boot camp and datgenius generators did wonders for me. I owe my 23 to them.