DAT taken 4/19 - QR is hard!!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

whlee84

15+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Congrats on your score....

1) What were your study materials, out of them which did you think was the most representative

2) How was the bio section overall, any tricky questions, any tips you have

3) How about RC, where there any ethic passage or all three were some science related....

Just want you to know, your help is greatly appreciated....

THANKS..!!

wow, you must have been on the high end of the 20s on your sciences (for those 2 20s in sciences) to end up with a 21 TS.
20 20 22 on science usually gives a 20
QR word problems must be tough, they kill me too.
How long was the Reading comprehension?

Congrats! Don't worry about QR too much, the rest of your scores are strong and consistent.

Members don't see this ad :)
I heard the school will look at the school individually as well as overall. And they will weigh sciences and PAT heavier than QR or RC. But good job overall! Good luck on your app.

Good job! Don't worry about QR, like others have mentioned. You're fine.

I heard the school will look at the school individually as well as overall. And they will weigh sciences and PAT heavier than QR or RC. But good job overall! Good luck on your app.

Actually, I believe RC is one of the most heavily weighted sections in DAT. Feel free to correct me if I am wrong though.

Actually, I believe RC is one of the most heavily weighted sections in DAT. Feel free to correct me if I am wrong though.

Yes, at least that is the case at BU. In fact, if you read BU's progress report, it specifically mentions RC as the more important score.

There is a Canadian school that has RC cut offs. Irrespective of your other scores, if you don't meet the RC cut off, your file goes into the bin.

Great job,
many SDNers talk about cut off, I don't think there is any school having 18, cut off! and if there is any school I really dieing to know which school is that.correct me if I am wrong!
good job, now focus to rest of your application.
good luck

I'm in the middle of topscore exam 1 right now. just completed science and PAT, and honestly, I thought both were the biggest jokes I've ever seen. I feel like amazon sent me a fake copy of topscore. but than I think 'why would anyone try to make a fake copy of top score, theres no money in that...'

I went through achiever and my general scores were around 18-22. I haven't seen my scores for topscore yet, but the PAT seems to be complete garbage that is about 400000000000X easier than achiever, and the sciences seem to be ******ed as well.

is this a normal view of topscore? I don't get it, everyone says the real thing is similar or even easier than topscore. I feel like if that was the case, if you miss just 1 question, then you're already down to like a 22 or something. thats the only way such scores that people are getting would make sense.

I'm really pissed off, as you can tell. was my $90 well spent on this trash? my exam is in 8 days, is it even worth completing the other two topscore exams? :mad:

look at your scores for topscore before you talk. i took those test and found them pretty similar to the real dat. my real score was fairly similar to the top scores.

yes it is worth taking those tests and reviewing wat you got wrong.

I'm in the middle of topscore exam 1 right now. just completed science and PAT, and honestly, I thought both were the biggest jokes I've ever seen. I feel like amazon sent me a fake copy of topscore. but than I think 'why would anyone try to make a fake copy of top score, theres no money in that...'

I went through achiever and my general scores were around 18-22. I haven't seen my scores for topscore yet, but the PAT seems to be complete garbage that is about 400000000000X easier than achiever, and the sciences seem to be ******ed as well.

is this a normal view of topscore? I don't get it, everyone says the real thing is similar or even easier than topscore. I feel like if that was the case, if you miss just 1 question, then you're already down to like a 22 or something. thats the only way such scores that people are getting would make sense.

I'm really pissed off, as you can tell. was my $90 well spent on this trash? my exam is in 8 days, is it even worth completing the other two topscore exams? :mad:
well then you MUST have a fake:laugh: i only paid $50 for mine, and i ordered it from the company's website.:D looks like you got served! i didn't even know you could get it on amazon

Took the DAT today...

PAT 21
QR 18
RC 20
Bio 20
GC 20
OC 22
TS 21
AA 20

OVERALL:

All of my scores are about 1 point lower than my TopScore scores. Some people do 1-2 points higher on the real DAT, others do 1-2 points lower. I guess I got the "harder" DAT today. Overall, everything was very similar to TopScore difficulty, except the QR.

QR:

I've been scoring 22-23 on TopScore and breezing through everything in this section on the practice tests. On the real DAT, there were a lot of long word problems, and less of the short easy calculations. Also, it was the last section and I was exhausted by then, so I ran out of time and ended up guessing the remaining the few.

Just wanted to share my thoughts, thanks.

Yea if I get those scores I would brag about them too, sick job. peace

Took the DAT today...

PAT 21
QR 18
RC 20
Bio 20
GC 20
OC 22
TS 21
AA 20

OVERALL:

All of my scores are about 1 point lower than my TopScore scores. Some people do 1-2 points higher on the real DAT, others do 1-2 points lower. I guess I got the "harder" DAT today. Overall, everything was very similar to TopScore difficulty, except the QR.

QR:

I've been scoring 22-23 on TopScore and breezing through everything in this section on the practice tests. On the real DAT, there were a lot of long word problems, and less of the short easy calculations. Also, it was the last section and I was exhausted by then, so I ran out of time and ended up guessing the remaining the few.

Just wanted to share my thoughts, thanks.

i did similarly on my DAT last may... i dont think i scored below a 20 on the practice QR sections, then got a 16 on the real test :eek: still got my acceptance though :thumbup: i don't think schools look at the QR much at all. good job and good luck!