DAT w/out O-Chem 2?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

KDBuff

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was planning on taking the DAT over the summer, but will yet to have taken O-Chem 2. Is this going to be a problem? How much of the O-Chem section is first semester vs. second? I would appreciate any input. Thanks,

Kevin

Members don't see this ad.

Kevin,

If you use the Kaplan DAT review book, just know everything in that book and you will be fine for the DAT organic chemistry! Good luck and keep us posted on your performances or you can just post in the STATS PAGE when you get all your info.

:cool:

Kev,
I was in the same boat. I took the DAT in November (during my first semester of Orgo) I got a 15 on the orgo section but made up for that with 18s on Bio and Chem and 20s on Reading comp. and math. Admissions committees are going to understand if one of your scores is low because you haven't taken all the courses. In fact, I was told during one interview that they were impressed with the 15 given the fact that I hadn't even had one semester of Orgo. Basically, my advice is to just kick ass on the other science sections.

Members don't see this ad :)
What's the difference between the kaplan review and lesson books from the class and the book you can buy in the bookstore? Is it worth spending a little bit more to get the materials from the class used?

i don't think there is a difference between the science review sections. i have the kaplan dat review AND the kaplan lesson books (for the MCAT) and they are identical. save your money and get kaplan review.