DAT worries

Discussion in 'Pre-Dental' started by iagroeg, Jun 2, 2001.

1. iagroeg

iagroeg Junior Member

I've been taking practice DAT's & I can't seem to get above a 19, which
    worries me. Do y'all consider this a good score?

Also, when taking the computerized DAT, are we allowed to fold scratch paper
    during the PAT? I went by the local Sylav & asked if this was okay, and the
    lady said she didn't see why not. I ask, because when I do this, my PAT
    score is always at least a 20 on the practice tests.

Thanks.

2. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. Doggie

Doggie Professional Jackass

I folded the corners of the scratch paper to make them into angles for the "angles comparison section" during the computerized DAT....hehe. They didnt say I couldnt do it. :D

4. smilebright

smilebright Member

if you have a decent gpa and a 18 or better in all areas you will NO problem getting into school unless you act like a idiot at the interview. at most school the average dat score for enrolled students varies from 16-21. 19 is great 21 is almost a garanteed acceptance hay i a 17 and i just finised my 2nd year of course i have a great personality to go with it.

5. Dr. Pedo

Dr. Pedo Senior Member

The biggest part of taking the DAT is time management. If you are nailing 19s right now, you definitely in the game. Problem I had was during my practice tests----I would always, you know ;), have time to finish that last question. On the "real" test---man... that screen simply goes blank when time is up. So work on being under-the-gun. And if you score 19s across the board, w/ good grades and a passion for dentistry----you'll be just fine. Good luck.

R.R.B