DAT?!?!?

Discussion in 'Pre-Dental' started by Halaljello, Mar 16, 2001.

1. Halaljello

Halaljello Hot Oil

hey everyone,

can anyone give me some info on the DAT? is it like the MCAT? and for those who have taken the MCAT, is the DAT as difficult as the MCAT? how often is it given. Someone told me its on the computer? how long is it? and how many times can u take it? do dental schools look at how many times u've taken it? thanks!!

2. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. Dante60

Dante60 Member
    Physician

Dentist
    I would love to help, but I wrote the CDAT (the Canadian version) and as far as I know, it's really different from the US DAT.

But the general consensus is that it is much easier than the MCAT.

4. GoBear

GoBear Member

i think the previous post covered most of it. The test is computerized and I believe that if you already prepared for the MCAT , you should have no problem on DAT. Just try to get some sample mock DAT from friends, and be sure to practice "ALOT" on the Perception section b/c I do think that it is something that one can improve dramatically with enough practices. For me, Kaplan's DAT library really helped alot, especially their computer lab, which allows you to take mock tests on the computer and the perception section, which comes with full virtual explaination, are very helpful. However, the price tag for the class is quite hefty.......but I think it is worth it.
    As for how many times one can take the DAT, I think it is probably wiser to do well the first time. BUt if you must, take it no more than three times. If I remember correctly, the school take the most recent scores, not the highest score....
    Good Luck

[This message has been edited by GoBear (edited 03-18-2001).]

5. sweettooth

sweettooth Junior Member

Make sure you are ready to take it the first time. I was told by a recruiter that the admissions committee doesn't like to see multiple scores. They want to see that you took it seriously. If you have to take it twice, go ahead, but make sure you study enough to significantly raise your score.