Date that all schools can see your acceptances

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Iwannaknow

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I know at some point in February all the schools you are accepted at can see every other school you've been accepted to, but when can any school see where you've been accepted to?

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
It helps with evaluating the real nature of the waitlist.

Can all schools see where you're waitlisted as well, or can only schools you've been accepted to see this? And when can they start seeing this info?

Reactions: 1 user
What does this mean?
I think basically, if you're rank like 100, and 10% of your class got into a top 20, then you can assume that some number of those are going to turn you down, and you'll have to pull from waitlist. Stuff like that.

So, if you're accepted at high ranking schools, the school you're waitlisted at is more likely to extend you an invitation? And if you have low ranking (or no other) acceptances, they are less likely to accept you off of the waitlist?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

So, if you're accepted at high ranking schools, the school you're waitlisted at is more likely to extend you an invitation? And if you have low ranking (or no other) acceptances, they are less likely to accept you off of the waitlist?

No, no.

Opposite. They're less likely to accept you off the waitlist if you have a bunch of other offers because you'll likely turn them down anyway.