Date Transmitted from AMCAS to School

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

labrynth79

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am a little confused about this date process. Please help! On my AMCAS application, under the designated medical school sections is the category "Date Transmitted from AMCAS to School". Does anyone know what this date refers to? Is it just the date that the one-page summary was released? The date my application was submitted/certified was 7/29 but there is no date processed yet. What does this mean?! Under the date transmitted, some schools have dates as early as 7/31?

One other question - I have made random changes to my application in the secondary experiences category. will these changes still show up on my application, even if i have already submitted it? :confused:

Thanks for all your help! :D

Members don't see this ad.

1) The date refers to the date that AMCAS trasmitted a very tiny, almost insignificant amount of information (like your name and email address) to the school in question.
2) AMCAS says it will take 4-6 weeks after submission before processing occurs. Of course, there are lots of posts on this forum from people who've been waiting 7 weeks or more. You will know your application is being processed when you get a "change notification" button appearing in the left column of your app where the certification/submission button used to be.
3) The reason they could transmit so quickly was that they weren't really transmitting much of anything!
4) Yes, the changes will show up, since your application has not been processed and electronically transmsitted yet (of course, that's true for everyone, even if they have been processed, except for Stanford and U. of Michigan applicants).
5) There are many threads on this site examining in detail the many facets of how AMCAS has managed to totally screw up the application process this year. Spend a few hours perusing and getting up to speed. You may need to start following some alternate procedures some schools have established, if you want your application to have any chance of being considered in any sort of timely fashion. I especially recommend looking at the thread about which schools are taking paper copies of AMCAS.

Thanks for all your help! I have been slowly working on sending my application to a few schools. I faxed chicago today, and will mail off some more to the UC's, Tulane, and a few other schools tomorrow afternoon. But secondary applications are taking a lot longer than i thought. :D